SOTW basket.....can't believe some people!

I put in two apples, one Satsuma and a packet of Paprika (the polish stuff in Tesco is MUCH cheaper). That means I'm now squared and up to date!

im glad my mum dsnt go to slimming world clubs....she always sends food parcels round to my house and the stuff is out of date pmsl

It took me about 3 weeks to realise that it was the members putting items into a basket as they signed in :wave_cry:. It wasn't explained when i joined and I wrongly thought it was like the raffle - the C provided it :D I think it only came to light when the winner one week asked who donated a specific item because she'd been trying to find it herself! As another poster mentioned, it was a bit sad that most in class didn't bother (I always did once I knew) and just hoped that if one of them won, their concience nudged them enough to refuse it politely.

I only found out that I had to take something from here not my consultant.
There's normally loads at our group and the cosultant says that we regularly provide the largest basket of all the groups she leads.
There were a few pieces "past their best" the week I was SOtW but I don't think I could've got through it all anyway so the birds got those bits.

I got a tin of sardines the other day...they were dated 2010 :/ worse thing was that I only found out the Best Before date AFTER I ate them :eek:

EveryRose said:
I got a tin of sardines the other day...they were dated 2010 :/ worse thing was that I only found out the Best Before date AFTER I ate them :eek:

I wouldn't worry about that I think the tin dating is a ploy, if the tin isn't damaged or blown it should be fine!

I wouldn't worry about that I think the tin dating is a ploy, if the tin isn't damaged or blown it should be fine!

Hmmm but I had a dodgy belly the next day...coincidence? Not sure

I put a face mask in mine this week! The consultant thought it was a great idea 'as long as its free' I pointed out it was super free as it was a pomegranate mask and she joked maybe u should write do not eat on it :) haha. I couldn't stay for the whole meet but hope whoever won was happy with it!
What a lovely idea! I'd have been chuffed with that :DI don't stay to meetings, so generally don't put anything in, however when I do stay I always pop into to Tesco and buy some of the snack packs of grapes, melon etc.

I have the snacks directory, which I never use. I honestly don't know why I bought it in the first place.
What do you think about putting that in, maybe? Surely someone can get some use from it.

Princess_Stevie said:
I have the snacks directory, which I never use. I honestly don't know why I bought it in the first place.
What do you think about putting that in, maybe? Surely someone can get some use from it.

Perfect idea!!!!

Ha ha ha i love this thread!

My last group were fantastic with the SOTW basket and it always had a great variety of stuff in it - and never past it's sell by date or mouldy looking!

Funnily enough though last week in my new group the lucky winner just got 5 oranges ! Needless to say this week it had alot more variety in it, and was overflowing! I try to take a peice of good fruit each week, a mango, a large orange, maybe a punnet of blueberries. In better weather i grow our own fruit, veggies, salads and herbs and pop those in the basket - they are always very welcome. But if i've nothing decent that i wouldn't like to recieve myself i'll take a tin of beans, or chickpeas, a packet of sugar free jelly, or some very low syn treats.

Personally i don't mind if something is in the basket and has a few syns, it's nicer to recieve than nothing, and nicer to recieve than black bananas or bad apples. It's just such a shame that people don't seem to bother really. But then as many people don't stay for IT perhaps they just don't think about it!

I cannot believe someone folded over the top of a packet and popped that in - classic ha ha!

The recognition you get for slimmer of the week is fabulous, so it's dissapointing to be given a basket of things other people don't want. All of the groups i've attended have been rather large with between 50 and 80 people weighing in most weeks, i'd say there's never more than around 15 items in the basket, ever! It's such a shame!

I put a face mask in mine this week! The consultant thought it was a great idea 'as long as its free' I pointed out it was super free as it was a pomegranate mask and she joked maybe u should write do not eat on it :) haha. I couldn't stay for the whole meet but hope whoever won was happy with it!

Thats is such a fabulous idea (thinks of stealing lol!)

But reminds me of some christmas hampers me and the kids did the other year for family! Even though i labelled everything MIL put some Lush Soap in the fridge, convinced it was cheese, and another family member put chocolate truffles in the bathroom, thinking they were little bath type things from lush! Yes my OH's family are all loopy ha ha (well thats what i keep telling them anyway!!) It was only when they rang to thank us for their items that i couldn't stop laughing that they realised they hadn't read the labels.......thank god MIl hadn't grated the 'cheese' on her toast!

The SOTW basket at my group is bloody terrible, it's the smallest prices of fruit I have ever seen that are just not healthy to eat! I won it one time and there was a banana in it that was fully black.. it made me laugh actually, especially when my consultant the week after asked me if I enjoyed my basket of fruit (most of it went in the bin)!!

Every so often I'll put a box of cereal in that can be a HeB. Usually I put tinned things in though. Once I bought the mag that was out that day and put that in the basket.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I was running late last night so they got a 4 pack of branston beans from the stash in my boot.
I have 4 x 4 packs left now so I might have to buy some more. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I put a facemask and a mug shot in our sotw basket this week ... mine was a chocolate one! There was 5 sotw (including me) and there wasn't even enough things in the basket to share it out amongst us so it went in the raffle!!
Our members are quick enough to take it home but they hardley ever put in!

Ours this week was my options chocolate and an apple, between 8 people. I have never missed one week, but no one else bothers, and I don't win every week now I'm nearly at target, so it's not like they're being nasty, just unthoughtful :( I may mention the unfairness to our Con.

Back