SOTW basket.....can't believe some people!

i will admit i always forget to take something i go straight from school run so dont always have time to get something. Ive had the basket once well i lie there was nothing in there to take lol i didnt moan as i didnt put anything in so i couldnt.

Some good ideas here think i'll take the mag when ive finished with it :)

reading this thread i am mortified i had no idea i was supposed to put stuff in the basket, my consultant never told me! I have seen people arriving with fruit etc and I just assumed they had brought a snack to have during the group, i never noticed them put it in the basket :eek: will def take something to group tomorrow, i've been turning up empty handed for 4 weeks now oops

It would help if the basket had a sign saying "donated by the members" or something.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

lilpixiesue said:
reading this thread i am mortified i had no idea i was supposed to put stuff in the basket, my consultant never told me! I have seen people arriving with fruit etc and I just assumed they had brought a snack to have during the group, i never noticed them put it in the basket :eek: will def take something to group tomorrow, i've been turning up empty handed for 4 weeks now oops

It's not your fault if you didn't know, don't worry x

some of this is priceless, must admit my group is fab, 2 carrier bags full of fresh fruit and sometimes freshly laid eggs as well

Our consultant had a big rant last week about people putting stuff in that has syns, someone had put in a big tub of options another had put a curly wurly, some had put canned tuna in oil she wasn't best pleased lol. I always take a piece of fruit or veg I used to win a lot before I got pregnant and someone in our group always puts a whole pineapple lol x x x

Mummy2Bslim said:
Our consultant had a big rant last week about people putting stuff in that has syns, someone had put in a big tub of options another had put a curly wurly, some had put canned tuna in oil she wasn't best pleased lol. I always take a piece of fruit or veg I used to win a lot before I got pregnant and someone in our group always puts a whole pineapple lol x x x

The tub of options is a very generous gift and low syn
Curly wurlys are only 6 syns so maybe they were thinking would be a nice low syn treat
As for tuna - maybe they didn't realise had oil in it.

Understand c getting upset bout fruit which should be thrown but the things u mentioned weren't bad at all (personal would love the options)

Last edited:
I know I wouldn't have minded the options or curly wurly, we all know how to look for syns but the c really went off on one and guess where the options and that went... Home with her! Lol

Mummy2Bslim said:
I know I wouldn't have minded the options or curly wurly, we all know how to look for syns but the c really went off on one and guess where the options and that went... Home with her! Lol

That's wrong, it's not like we're all stupid enough to know how to count syns, what's difference to buying a curly wurly, none! Think that's really out of order taking them home. X

The first time i got sotw someone put in a nature valley granola bar, i thought it was a heb- turns out not- and it was 9.5syns each!

Our C is really clamping down on high syn stuff. I went to her other group last week (just popped in) and she asked me to check the syns of an ainsley harriott cous cous (3.5 syns) and a campbells savoury rice. someone put in a cheapo packet of noodles in too- they're mega syns!! she tactfully asked people not to do that anymore.

Ours is fruit and veg only. No B choices, no mughshots etc, certainly no chocolate - low syn or not!
It's all about temptation......

The fruit that most people put in is sually old, not that theres a lot in the basket, i always put in regardless if i stay or not.

I'm another one who didn't know we were suppose to take stuff along, so I'm glad I've read this thread.
I've got chickens so do you think it would be okay to take 1/2 doz fresh eggs along or should I stick to fruit or veg?

SO picked up the SOW basket tonight and it was full of fruit which was amazing but I do notice people dont put fresh fruit in - quite a few bashed apples and lots of spotty bananas - but hey I am on fruit salad for the next few days :)

someone very kindly put a pack of hifi bars in, 2 hifi light, 2 alpen lights in cherry bakewell, paket of rice and a mugshot so all stuff I can use . Well apart from the full fat bacon super noodles :)

i am thinking next week I might put a jar of spices in lie chilli, paprika ?

Think the spices are a brill idea. Also the fresh free range eggs is brill, we all know how much we go through eggs I'm in a house of 4 and go through about 2 dozen a week lol which isn't bad when u work it out, 6 each a week but we always buy free range!! So if I got 6 eggs in there I'd be pleased

I'm part of the social team in my group and the basket sits in front of me for check in so i get to see what people are putting in and I'm not afraid to tell them what they are putting in is high in syns and they shouldn't be putting it in there.

Loving the idea of bringing non food items like the face masks or the steam bags. :clap:

Sosallysews said:
I'm another one who didn't know we were suppose to take stuff along, so I'm glad I've read this thread.
I've got chickens so do you think it would be okay to take 1/2 doz fresh eggs along or should I stick to fruit or veg?

Ooo yum I'd love that

Back