SOTW & SOTM Question

MichelinMummy

Hello ladies (and gents!)

I was just wondering if someone could explain to me how SOTW and SOTM work?

I went to my second class last night but to be honest I don't really like the cosultant as she hasn't really explained anything to me, nor discussed my targets etc.

Whilst there last night I saw SOTW get awarded but then later realised it didn't go to the person with the largest loss which is how I presumes SOTW is awarded?

Is it not done like that? Is it on biggest loss? Biggest percentage loss? Or some other way? Same question for SOTM as well.

I know I should have asked her but I just don't feel that she and I will 'click' and she doesn't seem the most approachable to be honest.

Thanks for any help!

Your consultant won't discuss targets with you. You set your own target when you are ready.

Things should have been explained to you when you had your new member talk, anything else is picked up as you go along. If everything was explained in group every week, I for one would soon get fed up of hearing it!!

Your consultants number should be in your book, if you have any doubts about anything they are there to be contacted. I don't think people use their consultants enough through the week tbh.

I'm sure you'll settle into the classes soon enough and I do hope you click with her too, consultants are there to support you so they should be approachable. The other people to ask are the WI person or any of the social team members (raffle/shop etc), they usually know a lot of stuff, as do many other group members - some of us have been around a long time!!

Your consultant won't discuss targets with you. You set your own target when you are ready.

Things should have been explained to you when you had your new member talk, anything else is picked up as you go along. If everything was explained in group every week, I for one would soon get fed up of hearing it!!

Your consultants number should be in your book, if you have any doubts about anything they are there to be contacted. I don't think people use their consultants enough through the week tbh.

I'm sure you'll settle into the classes soon enough and I do hope you click with her too, consultants are there to support you so they should be approachable. The other people to ask are the WI person or any of the social team members (raffle/shop etc), they usually know a lot of stuff, as do many other group members - some of us have been around a long time!!

Thank you. I didn't expect her to tell me what I should weigh but I thought it would have been nice if she had asked where I wanted to be and then made suggestions regarding expected weight loss/time taken etc and whether I would do better with interim targets or just setting the main one and going for it!

I didn't think they would go through everything every week because that would certainly get dull quickly for those who attend every week but she literally didn't explain any of the SOTW or SOTM stuff to us at all :(

I do have her number but so far have just used this thread because I just didn't find her very encouraging tbh. My mother-in-law feels the same as well and we both started together.

I'm going to stick with it for another 6 or 7 weeks and seee how it goes....if I still feel the same then I'll go it alone (with support from you guys!) and see how I do.

I would try another group but this one is the only one we can both fit in due to other commitments.

Thanks for all the help,

It really is appreciated :)

SOTM is the biggest loss over a month - if your first week is in that month then that week's loss is halved. (or so I've been told!)

Thank you. I didn't expect her to tell me what I should weigh but I thought it would have been nice if she had asked where I wanted to be and then made suggestions regarding expected weight loss/time taken etc and whether I would do better with interim targets or just setting the main one and going for it!

I do understand this but the whole thing with SW is they tend not to. If I weigh a new member I tend to ask them if they want to set an interim or final target but sometimes there is such a look of shock on people's faces that I think I've done wrong!!
I also don't think she would give you an indication of time. So many people ask how long it would take to lose x amount of weight and there's no answer. The stock answer is a pound a week - any more is seen as a bonus.

When you WI next week, tell the WI lady you wish to set a target (interim or final), if you are on the computerised system this is set on the pda and can be changed whenever you wish.

good luck!

Back