Souffle's 'Gain The Skinny' Diary

Souffle

Hi, I'm Sophie!

I first joined Slimming World when I was 19. I was suffering with severe depression and feeling suicidal and as a result I'd put on several stones. I started off really well but stopped due to big issues I was going through at the time. I then rejoined when I was 21. I felt like I didn't really fit in at the group I was attending so soon gave up again.

At the beginning of this year I was asked to be a bridesmaid for one of my friends. I had 7 months to lose all the weight I wanted to so I decided to start Food Optimising again but without going to group. This went well for two months until my birthday in March and then it all went wrong again. By the time the wedding came along I'd put on a lot of what I'd lost so I had to have the dress altered so I could squeeze into it (with the help of control knickers!)

I'm 25 now and I've decided that I don't want to spend the rest of my 20's and the rest of my life being obese or overweight so this really is it this time. I feel very focussed and very motivated to 'gain the skinny' (When reading Marisa Peer's 'You Can Be Thin' it taught me to try not to use the word "lose" as it makes us think we are missing out on something)

Over the past few weeks I have been sort-of Food Optimising and I've lost 3lbs but I feel I need the support, ideas and inspiration from a SW group so I'm going along tonight.

I thought that writing a diary would help me stay focussed and on track

So, here's to gaining the skinny!

Hi Sophie!

Just saw this pop up and I thought I'd come and subscribe. I like the idea of not using the word 'lose' because we feel we're missing out on something. I can definitely relate to the bridesmaid scenario - I was a bridesmaid last year, tried the dress on in Jan and it was a little snug but only a few lbs off, then sort of freaked myself out with all the attempted weight loss and ended up a lot heavier. I had a mortifying moment when I went to get the dress taken up and the assistant just said 'You can barely fit into it!' I was so embarassed and they had to unpick the lining and all sorts to give me more room.

I've done a few online only diets, a few fad diets and eventually admitted I am rubbish at self motivation! I do so much better when I have a group to be accountable to. I hope tonight goes well for you!

Aww thank you for subscribing! I had the same thing with the dress fitting, they only had a day to alter it all and on the day I couldn't sit down comfortably because there wasn't enough room for my tummy! I've tried all sorts of diets, even weird ones I've made up believing they will work for me! Slimming World is definitely the best and it works for me so I'm sticking to it. Atkins became very boring and WW made me cry because I always felt hungry! Good luck with the rest of your skinny gaining! You've done really well so far :)

Thanks Sophie! I was stuck at the same weight for ages pre-SW - no matter what I did it just wouldn't come off. I'm a little bit stunned at how easy I've been finding SW this time and how much skinny I've gained (!) - last time it was 0.5lb at a time and I got so demotivated, particularly with my rubbish group. I'm in the zone this time and that really helps.

I think mid-twenties is weight-loss breaking point! I was 26 in August and just wanted to get all the summer craziness out the way so I could start slimming in earnest. Weddings (and wedding photos) are also really good at making you stop and think... :)

That's very true... when I was younger I kept thinking 'Oh, I'll do it one day' and now I think 'If I carry on like this I'll just get bigger and be the size of a house by the time I'm 30!'

Wedding photos definitely gave me a kick up the backside, especially because the only other bridesmaid was about a size 6 she made me look even bigger stood next to her!

Well, I joined the local SW group last night. I walked in and was very nervous but the Consultant came and spoke to me straight away. I did feel really shy so I was sat on my own whilst we had Image Therapy but there were a few people afterwards that had noticed I was new and wished me luck for my first week.

I got weighed and the SW scales are different to mine so I've updated my weight here. There was me thinking I'm 15st 2lbs and I turn out to be 15st 3.5lbs! I am hoping that I will be into the 14's by next Wednesday (I usually lose a big chunk in my first week!) I've set my target as 11st 7lbs for now.

I ventured to Asda today but ended up getting stressed out so only bought half the things on my list so I'll be making another trip to Sainsburys tomorrow so that I have enough for the whole week. In the past I have failed because I haven;t been very organised and planned my meals properly so I realise I need to have a set plan so I don't go off the rails and just grab something synful!

I haven't felt very hungry today so I've only eaten an egg salad. I will be having chicken with courgettes and tomatoes with mashed potato tonight and then probably have some ryvita and philly for my HEXs as a late evening snack.

I went to a job interview on Tuesday and got a call to say I'd been successful! I have another interview for a different job tomorrow so I'm going to go to that and see what happens. I may have two jobs to choose from! I work in a hospital and probably won't be starting for a couple of months so maybe my uniform will be smaller than what I'm wearing now!

Life is looking good!

Yes! It went extremely well. I got the job :) I have chosen to go for the second one I interviewed for. I'm very happy! X

Maternity Care Assistant :)

Aww thank you. I'm hoping to be leaving the 15s thread this week :) well done on getting there yourself. The meals haven't gone exactly how I planned them but I've still been 100% on plan so I'm pretty happy about that. Thanks for subscribing too x

So... I've been doing really well all week. Had some weak moments this morning.

1. Drove past McDonalds. Usually after a night shift of treat myself to a sausage and egg mcmuffin AND a bacon roll but today I just drove past.

2. Popped in to Tesco to get some lettuce and was hit in the face by the smell of all the freshly baked cakes, doughnuts and bread. I walked around really quickly and avoided the bakery aisle.

Rather proud of myself!

Hehe well done! Serious willpower!

Someone in my flats keeps cooking bread and it smells divine. Thankfully my OH only has processed thick white bread in the house which I don't like so I can avoid the temptation - I'd struggle if there was nice stuff in front of me!

Thanks everyone :)

I decided to have a Green day today so I've had extra cheeeeese! This makes me very happy!

My first official weigh in is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it because I know I have been spot on. I'm hoping for a good loss to kick start my 1st by Xmas target.

I can honestly say I already feel the difference in my clothes. Before I started I couldn't do up both of the buttons on my work trousers but now I can do both of them up with space to spare and my boobs are too small for my bra even though I've gone on to the tighter fastening this week.

Tomorrow I'll be having a lie in so plan to just have lunch and a mid afternoon snack before weigh in then I'll come home and probably have steak and sw chips (now I've learnt how to make them and they actually turned out to be better than normal chips!)

Hey souffle. Loving the 'gaining the skinny' philosophy. Sounds so positive. Looks like you've had a great week. Good luck for weigh on later.

Tooty xx

Hi all,

I had my first official weigh in last night and I've 2.5lbs. I know this is a good result but I had hoped for more considering I've been 100% perfect all week. I had a chat with my consultant and she said it is probably because I am due on and this can affect weight loss. Still... I won't moan about 2.5lbs!

I'm hoping for a 4lb loss next Wednesday and I'm going to try and avoid bread completely to see if this helps.

I'm feeling really really miserable due to all of the nastiness going on at work. I've been in tears everyday and finding it really hard to cope. On a good note: I am not letting this affect my healthy eating. No matter how much they try and wear me down I will not be reaching for a family size Dairy Milk or a packet of biscuits! Food Optimising is giving me something positive to focus on and I've loved learning how to cook different things... I get a real sense of achievement when I make something delicious!

Goals for this week:
~ Lose 4lbs
~ Avoid bread
~ Eat more superfree
~ Do not let the *****es drive me to synful food

Back