Soup 8 syns - Coke 7 syns -????

sonya1980

Hi

I have been doing S.W for 3 weeks and am doing ok ish!!!

My hubby is trying to follow it at home but keeps throwing questions at me that I can't answer and I am hoping you can help.

He drinks a lot of full fat coke and has been cutting it out for the past 3 weeks.

He had been having Heinz Ministronie soup thinking it was syn free. I advised him of the syns and he was like " how can soup be worse for me than a can of coke?"

Can you help

Can he not just switch to diet coke or coke zero?

It's to do with how filling the food is for the calories. Free foods are within a certain limit for energy density - that is they will fill you up for less calories. So for 200 kcal of ministrone soup, you wont feel as full as eating 200kcal of any free food. It's not purely about number of calories in the food or drink.

Has your hubby read your directory, or browsed the SW site? Both explain the science behind food optimising (the website more so).

Tbh, I don't think it's worth trying to work out 'how' or 'why' some of these things work. We just have to look at our progress to know they DO - I don't need to understand something to have faith in it ;-) Men, eh!? lol

I agree with the others.
I also agree that he should switch to diet coke or coke zero. I used to always drink the fat coke but since I changed a few years ago I really hate fat coke and I drink a lot of diet coke, like at least 2 litres a day.

Friend of mine who used to drink full fat coke as she used to call it :D decided she would stop drinking it after problems with her teeth (she used to drink 3-4 cans a day)

Amyway she gave up and within a couple of months lost 1.5 stones she was never very big, but just this slight change made all the difference.

Last edited:
Not all diet drinks contain aspartame - all Sainsbury's ones are aspartame free and a couple of the big brands too - just have a look at the labels when you're next at the supermarket!

I think there is too much hype about aspartame.
Sorry, but it has not effected me in any way at all.
But, each to their own!

yes i agree each to their own but if you have been affected by it then you know the serious affect it has on your health, dont wanna go into it here. some people may never feel the affects of it and others like myself have.

taken from website:

Many contemporary health practitioners call modern disease syndromes ASPARTAME DISEASE because aspartame is at the root of diseases such as:
aspartame fibromaylagia, aspartame restless leg syndrome, aspartame and migraines, aspartame and vaginal irritation, aspartame and tumors, aspartame allergy, aspartame multiple sclerosis, bladder cancer aspartame, aspartame and central nervous system, aspartame & infertility, aspartame and weight control, aspartame and weight gain, and aspartame Parkinson's Disease. The chemical structure of aspartame causes the body to mimic these disease symptoms, but bottom line, it's aspartame disease.

hope you dont take offence to this but its good for people to know the dangers then assess if they wanna drink it.
:)

yes i agree each to their own but if you have been affected by it then you know the serious affect it has on your health, dont wanna go into it here. some people may never feel the affects of it and others like myself have.

taken from website:

Many contemporary health practitioners call modern disease syndromes ASPARTAME DISEASE because aspartame is at the root of diseases such as:
aspartame fibromaylagia, aspartame restless leg syndrome, aspartame and migraines, aspartame and vaginal irritation, aspartame and tumors, aspartame allergy, aspartame multiple sclerosis, bladder cancer aspartame, aspartame and central nervous system, aspartame & infertility, aspartame and weight control, aspartame and weight gain, and aspartame Parkinson's Disease. The chemical structure of aspartame causes the body to mimic these disease symptoms, but bottom line, it's aspartame disease.

hope you dont take offence to this but its good for people to know the dangers then assess if they wanna drink it.

Im seriously starting to worry that consuming alot of this stuff has affected my eyesight. I was doing SW for about 6 months, and living on mullerlights and diet cokes, at least 2 of each per day, plus sweetener in my tea/coffee all day.... and I had to start wearing glasses. I stopped doing SW for about a year and didnt notice any change in my eyesight, and now im back on SW, Ive been doing it about a month, and eating all the same stuff again, and ive noticed my eyesight has got a fair bit worse again... enough to notice the difference. Quite scarey. Think im gonna try and find alternatives.

taken from website:

Could you tell me what website that is from? Thanks.

Avisk, it's from sweetpoison.com and is the same sort of info that all of the anti-aspartame websites have. They usually ask you to buy a book or something to learn more..

taken from website:

You said it yourself, taken from a website.
I could go and post some other scaremongering posts from websites about God coming to smite you, or about the world ending in 2012. Doesn't mean it is true.

If you were to read through some academic, peer reviewed journals you would find there is a lot of discussion out there which is based on empirical evidence and will help you and your bf form your own opinions.

Back