Soup-souls!!

Love all these recipies! I'm going to make a batch and freeze for next weeks lunches. Good way to stay on plan.

Hi everyone,

As the winter is drawing in and we're getting into the idea of making soups and stews with all the yummy produce that's out there, I thought it would be fun to share ideas! Does anyone have any favourite free or low-syn soup recipes or discovered any new combinations they've enjoyed?! My first soup of the season I made the other day was 'curried parsnip'! The recipe is below- It was blinkin' delicious!

Curried parsnip soup

The following makes quite a big pans -worth and feeds 6-8. I like to make in bulk. Syn value- less than 0.5 syns or a small fraction of a HEXa per portion (for the milk).

1 large onion chopped
6 large parsnips chopped
6 medium potatoes chopped
1 tbspn hot curry powder (or use a milder one).
1 tspn ground cumin
1 tspn paprika
Veg stock
100ml skimmed milk

Soften the onions in a pan. Throw in the potatoes and parsnips and sweat for a while with the spices. Pour over veg stock (about 1 inch above the level of the veg). Bring to boil. Simmer for approx 45 mins-1 hour. Pour into blender and whizz. Return to pan. Add more water if too thick. Pour in milk (use something more creamier than skimmed if you like but adjust syns accordingly).

More soup ideas/recipes welcome!!!X

Thanks for this recipe I can't wait to try it. xx

Subscribing :) doing Kay's soup challenge so think this will be useful! Here is a recipe I have been harping on about for ages, so simple yet tasty!

Cauliflower Cheese Soup
1 head cauliflower
2 diced onions
1 clove garlic
Couple of stock cubes (veg or chicken)
1 potato (not essential but helps thicken)

Boil til tender then blitz. Add cheese spread- I used half a tub of tesco value (8syns) and it made 4 portions, so 2 syns each. I believe there is LowLow cheese spread that is a Hexa making it syn free..
On a red day you would have to syn potato!

The cauli soup sounds lovely, bought a cauli from Aldi yesterday for 59p!
will make this soup tomorrow. Can I just ask, what amount of cheese did you use ( in weight) please.

The cauli soup sounds lovely, bought a cauli from Aldi yesterday for 59p!
will make this soup tomorrow. Can I just ask, what amount of cheese did you use ( in weight) please.

Cauliflower is so cheap at the moment! I used 100g cheese spread- not sure how it would work with 'real' cheese, I think the spread gives good flavour and a silky texture- have a play with it though & report back?!

Hi I made carrot and lentil soup yesterday so I thought I'd share the recipe

Full bag of carrots (I got mine from aldi)
1 onion
100g red split lentils
2 stock cubes

Put the lentils in the pan with the carrots and onion and pour water until it's about 3 cm over everything. Bring to the boil give it a stir and leave to simmer for 20 mins or until the carrot is tender. Wait for it to cool and then blend. I got about 8 dishes out of it. If it is too thick add more water xx

So easy and delicious

Attachments

• 1413312157572.jpg
    1413312157572.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 56
I made this soup today (synfree) Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup - Syn Free on All Plans

It's the third or fourth soup I have made this month and by far the best in terms of taste, look and consistency. It wasn't as red as the image (more orangey but still attractive to look at) and I overcooked the onions massively as I didn't read the recipe properly. I added extra garlic and plenty of chopped chillies. It was delicious! I've made enough for a couple of lunches and intend to make a huge vat next time.

I made this soup today (synfree) Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup - Syn Free on All Plans

It's the third or fourth soup I have made this month and by far the best in terms of taste, look and consistency. It wasn't as red as the image (more orangey but still attractive to look at) and I overcooked the onions massively as I didn't read the recipe properly. I added extra garlic and plenty of chopped chillies. It was delicious! I've made enough for a couple of lunches and intend to make a huge vat next time.

I am officially obsessed with this soup! Not sure how much I'd love it without the chilli and garlic. but it's great - definitely recommend it.

Back