1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Soups and smoothies

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by darbydoo, 1 September 2011 Social URL.

1. darbydoo

darbydoo Member

Hi all. Just wondering what the rules are with soups and smoothies?

I know canned soups can be used as hexs but what about homemade ones made from free vegetables?

Also what about smoothies that are made with just fruit without milk? I have heard somewhere that these aren't allowed but I can't work out why.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. FreeBee

FreeBee Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    The reason the smoothies aren't a great idea is because the fruit is liquidised, your body doesn't work as hard to break it down and it turns to sugar quicker. Perhaps someone else can explain the science bit, but this is how I read it!!
  4. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    Homemade soup is free hun. As long as you use free ingredients obviously. The rules are different with pureed/cooked fruit. I believe it is mainly because you can very easily over consume juiced/pureed/cooked fruit. For eg. A glass of freshly squeezed orange juice will contain about 10+ oranges. It would be very easy to drink and would not fill you up at all! You could not easily eat 10+ oranges and would be feeling pretty full after. (and sick lol) xx
  5. darbydoo

darbydoo Member

Ok great, thanks! :)
  6. laurenista

laurenista Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Mindful Eating plan
    apparently the easier it is for your body to break down. in the case of fruit smoothies, very easy. the quicker it turns to sugars and the easier your body absorbs it. where as if you eat the fruit raw your body has to break it down and there for it doesnt turn to sugars as quickly. with veg its different because theres not as many sugars in them.
    Lauren xX
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.