Soups

Kevwin

Hiya, day two now.
I tried the tomato and basil soup yesterday, and for some reason I found myself gagging whilst eating it. I also felt quite sick for a little while after eating it, but I put that down to it being 2 am and me being tired on the night shift. But I am struggling with the Thai chicken too, it doesn't taste too bad, I just feel myself retching as I am trying to eat this. No idea what is going on here. :(

Has anyone else had anything similar?

Thanks
Kev

I really don't get on with the mushroom and the Thai chicken I can stomach but don't particularly like, with the tomato one add a dash of tobasco sauce and extra basil and I think it's really nice, also when having the vegetable one I always mix in a teaspoon of bouillon, that makes it taste better, stops me gagging at least ;)

Hope that helps a little!

Thanks, I will try adding extra basil to th tomato one, I had already added tabasco as I love pepper sauce. I liked the taste of the Thai, to an extent but it just made me feel like I was going to be sick. Thanks

I really loved the soups (minus mushroom) at first, now on week 4 I can't stand them and am having the same problems with feeling sick straight away and then after for a few hours!
Going to give them a miss for a bit, then add bits too them.

Yeah, the soups are quite disgusting (with the exception of the chicken one, which I quite like). I find a very hefty dash of Worcestershire Sauce makes a big difference!

Hiya,
Funny how people have different tastes, I personally love all the soups except the mushroom and its not that i cant drink it just prefer the other 3 over and above that one.
I personally add a little sweetner to the tomatoe one and the Tai chicken makes the Tai chicken taste a bit like a Korma then. I also add garlic salt and pepper to the tomatoe one.
Maybe even try adding a little more water so its not such a strong taste :)

I personally can't stand the soups, I just have shakes and the porridge even though I've still got about 2 weeks worth of soups left! :rolleyes:

Kevwin said:
Hiya, day two now.
I tried the tomato and basil soup yesterday, and for some reason I found myself gagging whilst eating it. I also felt quite sick for a little while after eating it, but I put that down to it being 2 am and me being tired on the night shift. But I am struggling with the Thai chicken too, it doesn't taste too bad, I just feel myself retching as I am trying to eat this. No idea what is going on here. :(

Has anyone else had anything similar?

Thanks
Kev

I'm the same. The soups make me gag and the one time I managed to finish it I did feel a bit queasy afterwards! Now I don't have them - just stick to shakes, porridge and bars. On the other hand though, my hubby loves the soups! He will literally eat anything though! (Comes from his years at boarding school then the army I think where if you didn't eat what you were given you would go hungry!)

flab-buster said:
I personally can't stand the soups, I just have shakes and the porridge even though I've still got about 2 weeks worth of soups left! :rolleyes:

I'm the same.... Can't stomach the soups at all and have a bagful left.... Grrrrr!

I only like tomato and basil soup... the mushroom makes me gag just at the smell of it..

mrsbroadside said:
I really loved the soups (minus mushroom) at first, now on week 4 I can't stand them and am having the same problems with feeling sick straight away and then after for a few hours!
Going to give them a miss for a bit, then add bits too them.

I feel exactly the same, I used to love the mushroom bit now it turns my stomach ! Not liking many of the soups any more

Back