Soya Milk, what do you use yours for?

Jennykndy

Ive ordered some with my shopping and was wondering do you just use it in drinks?

Ive been having cream in my coffee but have been missing my tea.

I wondered if there are any other things we can use soya milk for?

Also is it a known staller like cream/milk/cheese or is it a case of count the carbs and youll be fine?

Thanks!

^ I've been having unsweetened pure soya milk pretty much from the beginning of Atkins and it's working fine for me..

I do miss milk so I replace regular milk with soya milk. I've gotten used to it now.

I get Alpro unsweetened soya - and like Kensy have used it from day one .. yes, you can use it where milk is called for .. but it is very low in fat and carbs - so sometimes cream is useful to "up your fats" a little bit .. I love the stuff and hate the taste of real milk now, luckily I was using soya for my IBS a good year before I started Atkins so was used to it .. x

thanks, I want to start using cream more in my cooking but want to still enjoy my coffee. So I thought using soya milk mainly in drinks and cream in most cooking (curries etc).

This way I should be able to keep the fats up but reign in the cream!

eeeek .. unfortunately soya milk splits in coffee :(

Alpro do a soya milk for tea/coffee its red & white carton id does stipulate its for coffee etc i have found it in tesco xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

exactly what i do. i use alpro soya in coffee....

however i've found a much better and yummier way of having coffee: about two tablespoons of cream, coffee powder, sweetener (if you want) and fill the rest of the cup with hot boiling water..I really like it.

you get the required fat in this way.

thanks everyone!

Ive got tesco unsweetened soya milk and just having my first coffee with it - yummy!

Im not worried about the fats as I work them into my food, it was really to try and experiment with reducing the amount of cream Im having.

i use Alpro Soya unsweetened and have in tea or coffee - yum. Also whereas before i would use say all cream to make a sauce i use soya but thicken with a tablespoon of cream so like you im cutting down on my cream in take! xxx

Back