SP Day

shiv247

Hi
Does this look ok for an SP day?

Breakfast
oats (HEB), Milk (HEA), Blackberries
Starbucks Skinny Cappucino (Milk Synned)

Lunch
2 x Brown Sandwich Thins (HEB)
1 X Cheese Slice
Ham

Pom Bears (Synned)
2 x satsumas

Tea
Syn free cottage pie made with courgette and carrots with Carrot and Swede Mash (some syns as ready made)
Strawberries
2 x Babybel Light (syn)

Hiya. There's a good thread about SP days and how to ensure you are doing them correctly here https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

The key things for SP days are to have half your plate filled with S foods and the other half with P foods. You're right that you get 2 HEBs and 1 HEA, along with your usual syns. For the above menu, breakfast seems ok as long as the blackberries are filling half your bowl.

I don't think lunch is in line with the SP plan though as there are no S foods there. You'd need to add some to make sure half your plate is filled with them, so add a salad or something to your sandwich and don't forget to syn the cheese slice.

Tea sounds good, though check the syns on the carrot and swede mash as depending on the brand there could be as many as 9 syns per pack.

thanks. I really fancied a sandwich type thing for lunch which i why I've included 2 satsumas - for some reason I thought they were syn free

Oh sorry, there was a gap between the sandwich and the crisps/satsuma so I thought they were snacks rather than part of lunch. They are syn free and S foods. My bad! :D

Haha I last updated my signature about 2 weeks ago and it's still accurate so.... ;)

In my defence, I have had a cold all week so haven't felt up to running. However, before I caught the cold I did get kind of bored with it and stopped doing it. The programme itself is very good, it's just my lack of enthusiasm about doing it that's the problem.

I should probably remove it from my signature, otherwise I'll be stuck in week 2 forever :rolleyes:

motivation is hard to find at this time of year! keep going, i did it a few years ago and I'm doing Brighton Half Marathon at the end of the month

Wow that's incredible, well done and good luck to you! I'll try to get back into it once I've shaken this cold, might end up starting again though (for the third time haha!)

I would double check your sandwich thins....

Brown are syned (the Warburton ones) and only wholemeal ones (kingsmill) count as a heb. And even then you can only have 1 for a heb.

Back