SP days

willfitskinnyjeans

Gold Member
With the new packs coming I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who wants to discuss, swap ideas etc on the new sp plan.

Sorry if this has already been done.

I'm doing an sp day today and hoping to get 4 in this week.

Hi, I am going to go back to SW tomorrow after a year away and wondered what the new changes are? Are you still allowed one HEA and one B choice please? I hear the new SP days are cutting out potatoes, rice and pasta - can you follow this all the time or is this not recommended? I dont usually do well when I eat those anyway. Thanks C xx

Hi, I am going to go back to SW tomorrow after a year away and wondered what the new changes are? Are you still allowed one HEA and one B choice please? I hear the new SP days are cutting out potatoes, rice and pasta - can you follow this all the time or is this not recommended? I dont usually do well when I eat those anyway. Thanks C xx

Extra easy is same as normal but super free and super speedy are gone it is now simply speed food or free food.
Syn values have changed on take aways. Some fruits are now just free.

So sp plan is speed and protein
So you can have any unlimited amount of food that are speed and protein so basically your meat, fish, veg,fruit, pulses. You need half a plate of speed and half of protein where possible.

On sp day they are saying no just free food like yogurts, packet noodles, rice, pasta, potato, banana, grapes and its to boost losses and suggested as no more than a week at a time or for days inbetween.

This is an excellent post from the 'Changes to Plan' thread.

I have read through my new pack a couple of times and I think the bare bones are this;

Foods have been changed from being Free and Superfree to just free foods, except they now designate them as speed foods or protein-rich.

The Syns section of the new book gives values for EE only. Red and Green plans are still supported but SW are putting greater emphasis on EE and EE SP, Syn values for Red and Green will still be available online.

Notable changes are that certain things have been moved around, specifically, peas have been moved from the veggies section and are now with the beans as they are considered to be protein-rich (along with other leguminous veggies).
Pineapple is no longer considered to be a speed food and just counts as a standard fruit, like a banana (aw, guess I'm sticking to melon now!)
Chicken is no-longer listed as a speed food (I suspect this to be for the purposes of Clarity as they don't want people to fill their plates with just chicken and wonder why they have not had any losses at the scales).
Oyster Sauce has now been given Carte Blanche in the Storecupboard Staples section.

The re-released EE encourages you to fill your plate with 1/3 speed food.

EE still allows one HEA and one HEB

The emphasis of the additional plan (Known as Extra-Easy SP) which SW intend to supersede Success Express is to fill your plate about 50/50 with protein-rich and speed food to turbo boost weight loss.

EE SP allows you to have a couple of potatoes or a little rice so it's low-carb instead of no carb but you have a fine line between what is an EE SP meal and reverting to EE.

EE SP allows 1 HEA and 2 HEB.

I will be doing SP days a few days a week, as I prefer low-carb/no carb. With EE days when I feel like having pasta or potatoes as main part of a meal.

This is an excellent post from the 'Changes to Plan' thread. I will be doing SP days a few days a week, as I prefer low-carb/no carb. With EE days when I feel like having pasta or potatoes as main part of a meal.[/QUOTE

Thanks for post, only thing different is we've not been told you can have a little potato or rice we've been told speed and protein only.

You can have a free food on a SP day such as a jacket potato, bananas etc, if you really want too, just not a huge amount, it is on page 59 of the book and probably on the website too. It just says that to really power up your losses stick to just the speed and protein

You can have a free food on a SP day such as a jacket potato, bananas etc, if you really want too, just not a huge amount, it is on page 59 of the book and probably on the website too. It just says that to really power up your losses stick to just the speed and protein

I am hungry on the sp day so far just having the speed and p food.

What have you eaten so far today?

I had sweet omelette and raspberries

And then a bacon buttie (hexb) with a side of mushrooms for brunch and a pear as a snack.

Tonight I'm making a chicken burger (no bun) topped with philli (hex a) mushroom, spring onion and veg on side.

But I am hungry so it's an early tea and a hifi bar for my second hexb later tonight

What you have had looks good. Could you up the amount of fruit you snack on maybe? Raw veg like carrot and cucumber is good for snacking as well. I think with the SP plan it is going to be a case of finding out what works and if it suits us. Once I am officially back on plan I am going to do SP and see how I get on. As it is quite similar to the red plan, which I usually do a couple of days a week, I am hoping to get on ok with it.

What you have had looks good. Could you up the amount of fruit you snack on maybe? Raw veg like carrot and cucumber is good for snacking as well. I think with the SP plan it is going to be a case of finding out what works and if it suits us. Once I am officially back on plan I am going to do SP and see how I get on. As it is quite similar to the red plan, which I usually do a couple of days a week, I am hoping to get on ok with it.

I enjoyed it but looked forward to my pineapple at breakfast and I'll have some pasta today.

I was going to friends for new year and was facing food, pudding and drink, I was looking forward to it but she's poorly with a bug, so it'll be a quiet nye and I'll be on plan as normal which is quite a nice thought.

I'm going to get into some soups I hear they are good for boosting losses so today's and tomorrow's will be lentil and bacon.

Soups are good. I got a hand blender for Christmas and I love it! Made butternut squash and carrot soup the other day, it's really filling and nice and easy.

Hope SP is going well for you.

Soups are good. I got a hand blender for Christmas and I love it! Made butternut squash and carrot soup the other day, it's really filling and nice and easy. Hope SP is going well for you.

I've heard butternut squash is yummy.
What else goes in yours?

I had another sp day today, hoping to do another 3 days sp and weigh in on Monday.

Weekends are my weak spot thought so I need to hold it together

This is the first time I have tried it, but it is lovely! I bought it as a pre prepared soup mix. It came with red onion and a little bit of chilli. I added two carrots and used a chicken stock cube.
Weekends can be tricky. But you can do it :)

This is the first time I have tried it, but it is lovely! I bought it as a pre prepared soup mix. It came with red onion and a little bit of chilli. I added two carrots and used a chicken stock cube. Weekends can be tricky. But you can do it :)

Yum I might try it, soups do help get good losses. I have to juggle when I have them cos I end up feeling quite washed out and like a washing machine. I do like the clear broth Thai soups these a beef pho one in the little book of soups but it has noodles so I can't have that on an sp day x

I'm looking for info on Sp days.Which fruit and veg can I eat and do I include. 1 HexA and HexB or 2 of each.Confused .Ive been following EE plan but I'm stuck at the moment and need a good weight loss ,any yogurts ???? Many thanks

Back