Spacing The Shakes Out

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
I often end up completely busy during the day and don't end up having my first shake until 3 or 4pm, after that, I have very little spaced out time until I finish all 3 shakes. Could this prevent me from losing more weight each week or doesn't it matter as long as you're having the shakes and water???

i wouldnt think it mattered - but what time do you get up?
You should try and have one before that time in the afternoon :D

i know they say that you should eat straight away to start your metabolism off normally, but on this diet..it could be different because of the ketosis. Interesting question.

Not too sure on the answer either, sorry, but is there no way you could even have half a shake when you get up in the morning? Interesting question though.
I tend to have mine later than I would have a normal breakfast, but its not usually any later than 11am. Good luck in getting the answer, if nobody on the forum knows, perhaps you could email lipotrim and see what they recommend.

I prefer to be able to sit down with my shake, then I feel I've actually had something and it helps with the cravings....sort of! lol. Which is part of the reason I don't have half or anything. I just wait until I've got the time to sit down and drink it.
Hmmm but thanks for your replies though. :)

Well if you are getting on with what you are doing now dont change it :D

Well the thing is I don't think I've lost that much this week at all. Just a feeling I have. I'm going to be so gutted if I've only lost 1lb or something. Which made me wonder whether I should space out the shakes a lot more or what. *sigh* We'll see tomorrow when I have my weigh in, but I won't hold my breath. I dreamt I cheated last night and I was so relieved when I woke up and knew I hadn't.

Well, if you want to start a new way of life after LT, I would recommend that you at least try to make some time to have at least one shake in the morning. When you go back to 'normal' eating, and don't eat until that time of the day, theres a real chance you could revert back to a 'binge' style of eating? Experts recommend you eat at regular intervals to prevent cravings and drops in blood sugar. I don't think it'll make a difference to your losses (I can't see how really?) but I'd try to create new habits & ways of eating that you can carry on once you get to target?

Good point IrishMum, I'll have to start working on that a lot more, because there is no way I'm doing all this to then go back to the same person I was before. I'd be so peed off!

yeah irishmum has made a good point there! :D

you should be pleased with whatever you lose each week honey - a loss is a loss and just think if you werent on LT would you have really lost however much it is on an 'normal' diet?!

Be sure to let us know wont ya how much you lose :D

I'm placing a bet of 3.5lbs ..... :D

LOL! Will do Summer, but I don't think I've lost that much. hehe! I hopefully have but we'll see. Hows your diet going hun? You finding it any easier? x x

Yeah contary to what i moan about i actually love the diet! Just not liking the totm i am getting with it - but i can live with it for the sake of being slim again! lol

How are you finding it? Have you tried anything other than the shakes yet? xx

It's getting a little bit easier now, I started week 4 yesterday but because I have my weigh in's on Thursday, I'm thinking to start my weeks from a Thursday. So might just start week 4 tomorrow instead lol.
I had the flapjacks in week 1, peanut ones but Jeeeez, I went right off them so I've just been having the shakes. Got such a long way to go and it kind of bugs me sometimes. *sigh*
What have you had?

Time will fly honey! It feels like i have been on lt for only like 2 weeks but its been 7 and am now into my 8th week!!

I would say start your weeks from a thursday makes things easier thats all lol

I have tried all the shakes and the soup. Love the chocolate shake and soup (thats all i get from the chemist) hate the vanilla and the strawberry aint bad!

Try a soup honey - get just one to try and sit down with it and it feels like you are having a nice warm meal :D

I hate how the soup is all lumpy though, no matter how long i stir it, it just looks all lumped up lol. The soup is OK but I hate the lumps lol

invest in an electric whisk - if not then sieve the soup powder into the boiling water. That should help with the lumps :D

I sieve the powder and then elecric whisk it :D Gorgeous! :D

Abbie, you've got to whisk it otherwise it doesn't dissolve proper. I usually whisk it with less water so it's nice and creamy and then add a little extra water at the end and I find it just fills two cup-a-soup mugs.

Quite filling and tasty with added pepper.

It's an interesting point you raise about the shakes. One of the big no-nos talked about a lot is eating late on in the evening and not allowing time for it to be digested (or whatever the argument is). I'm not sure whether that would be applicable for a liquid type meal though.

Mark

Irish mum has made a valid point though.
Whilst it may not matter too much when you have your shakes whilst on a liquid diet it would be good to get into some sort of routine of times of having them.

This could help with when you have finished LT and eating again so its set out for you and you are used to eating at certain times. :D

Back