Spag bol & citric acid

Midnight-Sparkles

I can do this!
Okay so I have been looking into this diet as I was thinking about switching to it and was just cheking out the calories and ingredients in the meals when I noticed that the spag bol has citric acid in it. I thought citric acid was a no no on a VLCD :confused:

I've copied and pasted the ingredients below. Does this make a difference to weight loss and hunger?

Ingredients:

Textured soy protein (malt colour); egg noodles (durum flour, water, dried yolk); dehydrated vegetables (tomato, onion, garlic); sugar; soybean oil; thickener: corn starch; flavours; sunflower oil; pea fibre; salt;
acidity correcting agent: tricalcium phosphate, potassium chloride, citric acid; hydrolyzed corn and wheat proteins; vitamin and mineral mix (vitamin A as acetate, cholecalciferol, tocopherol acetate, ascorbic acid, thiamin hydrochloride, riboflavin, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, folic acid, cyanocobalamin, ferric pyrophosphate, zinc oxide, potassium iodide, sodium selenite, manganese sulphate, copper gluconate); stabilizer: magnesium phosphate; colours: caramel, beet juice powder, lycopene; herbs; spices; emulsifier: soy lecithin; antioxidants: tocopherols.

If you check the ingredients of exante bars they have citric acid too but the amount is so small it doesn't affect ketosis.

Back