Spaghetti bolognese carbs!!

FluffyandAngry

I've just added the spag bol to the S&S meal planner and its come up as 20g carbs, this can't be right can it?!?!?

Yeah I believe so! Really high isn't it :S

Seems so! Isn't actually on the s&s nutritional data site so can't check. Puts me off them slightly!

Yeah it is high in carbs, but unless you eat 4 of them a day it isn't going to hurt you. As long as you stick to the plan it works, don't worry too much about the carbs.

But it is strange how bars are limited to one per day and they are less carbs, hmmm! I think I will avoid and have the chilli instead henceforth!

The bar limit is partially due to the nutritional values generally being less than the packs as well as a higher concentration of certain sugars (like white bread vs brown bread).

The spag bol is 20g of carbs - the spicy spaghetti is 14g of carbs. They are correct in MFP but you need to make sure that you are choosing the right product. If you are sensitive to carbs and have 4 spag bols a day you could have trouble - in reality you are unlikely to have it for breaksfast though I'd have thought...

The level of carbs in the bars is the same order of magnitude as the packs. This isn't true for other VLCDs that I know. They tend to be far higher in carbs and hence limited to one per day. SnS bars do not have this problem but are still limited to one per day. I think it's because they don't want people living on only 'chocolate' bars as it doesn't teach good habits... When I travelled last May I only took bars with me (just for convenience) and I was fine.

Thank you for that weasey very helpful, yes CD limited bars to one per day on the basis of more carbs I think. Although the cynic in me thinks that S&S are possibly restricting bars as they may be more expensive to produce too and currently have flat pricing, but who knows!

FluffyandAngry said:
Thank you for that weasey very helpful, yes CD limited bars to one per day on the basis of more carbs I think. Although the cynic in me thinks that S&S are possibly restricting bars as they may be more expensive to produce too and currently have flat pricing, but who knows!

It is definitely more expensive to buy bars separately than to buy the other packs separately (still from SnS but not part of a number of weeks package) so I'm guessing they do cost more to produce.

Bars do cost them quite a bit more to produce than the other products and that's why they'll only sell you 1 per day as part of a pack. You are free to order extra if you want but the advice is also to only eat one a day, not just order one per day. The carbs are fairly comparible to other packs, they're less than the spaghetti like was said earlier but slightly more than most other packs, apart from the coconut one which is pretty low carb. They don't have the same level of nutrients as the other packs though. Less vitamins but also quite a bit less protein, which is why they're introducing the slightly bigger bars to try and give more protein.

I have run out of bars and still have loads of other packs left BUT I have found that another weight loss site called the SML diet sell them for £1.2 each and they do next day delivery so I have got them from there, the lady that runs it is really nice too.

Back