Spaghetti Carbonara on EE????

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Ikin29, 15 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Ikin29

Ikin29 Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.94%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey everyone!!

I am starting EE today for a week after losing 5lbs in 2 on Red/Green combo. I was thinking of making Spaghetti Carbonara for dinner with chicken, bacon, spag and a low fat sauce (if I can find one)counting the syns for it!

Now, if I fill it out with red onion and mushrooms then have some fresh fruit for desert will that be ok for my 1/3 superfoods? Unsure how else to get them in!!!!

Really want to try EE but so apprehensive incase I put all my hard work back on! :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    That sounds fine to me.
    You won't put on doing EE, if you stick to plan. You may have the odd week of a small gain or STS but that happens with all the plans for various reasons but EE is really good and if you stick to it you will have losses.
    Good luck!

4. Ikin29

Ikin29 Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.94%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Sonia, think it just fear of the unknown!!! :eek:

For years we are told 'You cannot eat that if you want to lose weight'!!! BUT today is the day I say 'YES YOU CAN'!!! Hehehehehe!!!!

:eatdrink051:

5. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World

Hiya, there is a completely free spaghetti carbonara recipe for EE. I had it last night and served it with roast veg for the free foods bit, an odd combo but it was very filling! Will save you using up syns on sauce too. Not really sure how else to get the veg in to the dish, other than serving it as a side?

Creamy Carbonara:
    Serves 4
    Free on Green/Extra easy (6 syns per serving if not using cheese as healthy extra)

Ingredients:
    Fry light
    1 red onion chopped finely
    120g Quorn bacon rashers chopped
    1 large garlic clove crushed
    340g dried spaghetti
    3 large egg yolks
    250g pot Quark
    113g parmesan cheese
    Salt and pepper
    Small handful fresh parsley

Method:
    1. Heat frying pan sprayed with fry light and cook the red onion gently for 10 mins. Add the bacon/quorn and garlic and fry for further 2mins. Set aside.

2. Meanwhile put a pan of water on to boil and then cook spaghetti.

3. While pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Mix egg yolks, parmesan, seasoning and quark in a bowl.

4. Drain the pasta reserving some of the cooking water. Return to a gentle heat and stir in the sauce and bacon/quorn mixture. Stir through and serve sprinkled with parmesan and parsley.

Hope this helps.

6. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

you could do some oven roast vegetables on the side maybe

7. jacqui35

jacqui35 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.03%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Bang some mushrooms in it as well thats what i have in mine mmmmmm i so want one now, but making chilli con carne with some peppers thrown in too and some veggies, enjoy

duh ignore me just read your second paragraph you mentioned mushrooms but what i tend to do is if you cant find meal that needs veg/salad have a bowl of fruit like melon and that should be fine before your meal i got told though

Last edited: 15 January 2010
  8. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I also put mushrooms in my carbonara.

I use bacon or ham, garlic, mushrooms and it's also nice with a few cherry tomatoes bunged in at the end to heat them through.

Fry the lot, cook the spaghetti and then mix the pasta with it, adding 2 or 3 eggs (I also add a couple of spoons of quark for added cheesiness and it makes it really creamy textured) and plenty of black pepper.
    Let the heat of the pasta cook the eggs and serve with finely grated parmesan - 28g seems like loads when you grate it really finely :)

How about serving it with a nice leafy green salad as well? Or with baby spinach on the side? That's my fave thing at the moment for getting extra superfree in there!

9. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am thinking about doing this and using extra light philly and having it as a HEXa yum yum

10. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to be the one to rain on your parade but philly isn't a HEA ,only a HEB and then only on green. So I'm afraid you would need to syn it although it's not very high in syns.

11. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ahhh I didn't realise that. I have not had philly yet so hadn't realised. Definately worth the synnage for me though :)

12. Ikin29

Ikin29 Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.94%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh thank you everyone for great ideas and replies!

Sod the homepride I'm making my own now can save my syns for choccie instead! LOL!!

xxxx

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

13. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Just to throw an alterntive sauce in, i found the recipe below on here before Christmas and you really wouldn't know the sauce was low fat, in fact it tastes like a 'normal' version. It is gorgeous!!!!!

Boil spaghetti, cut up lean bacon (3-4 rashers) fry in a large frying pan with chopped mushrooms using frylight.
    Whisk
    3 eggs, 3tbsp of low fat fromage frais, 1 tbsp of parmesan and salt n pepper in a jug or bowl.
    Strain the pasta and add to the bacon, give it a stir.
    Pour over the egg mixture keeping it over a medium heat.
    Once the egg mixture has thickened (takes about 1 minute on low) and started to set it's ready and use 1 tbsp of parmesan to sprinkle over the dish. 1 syn per serving (serves 4).

14. pamiepie

pamiepie Moose no more!

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    just made this for the first time, cant believe how much it tastes like the real version!! i used quark!

15. laurenlkelly

laurenlkelly New Member

Start Weight:
    15st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I know this is a little late but maybe it has changed now.. As in the 2012 branded book 75g of light Philadelphia is hexa

like I Sid I'm a little late but if anyone is interested in this then it is an alternative which I am going to look into experimenting with. X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.