Spain - Chit-chat, grump or whatever else takes your fancy

I have just googled this and it looks like I owe J an apology, I should have known better than to ask M today as he is well named( think of Fawlty Towers lol)
Spain has different speed limits for every kind of road and vehicle. Until 1973, there was no speed limits on Spanish motorways, a generic limit of 130 km/h was instated then in order to save fuel during the 1973 energy crisis. It was lowered to 100 km/h to prevent accidents, but it was raised again in 1992, this time to 120 km/h. There have been proposals to raise the speed limit to 130 km/h, but have been rejected so far.
As of the 7 March 2011 and until 30 June 2011, the maximum speed limit in Spain was reduced from 120 km/h to 110 km/h, in order to save fuel due to the ongoing Middle East and North Africa protests [1].

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Before I came and I have been here over 9 years, could be one of those stories that the Spanish tell that that when you start asking them about it turns out to be an urban myth I will ask Jose tomorrow cos he was the one who told me in the first place.A few more Spanish myths as told by my co workers you can die from a praying mantis bite,if you put your tongue out a wasp wont sting you and there is no salt in saline,I will try and remember some more as some of them are classics lol
Yesterday got upto 17,warmer today I was down to my t shirt
by 11
xxxxxxxxxx

I have been here 31 years and don't remember that one...........glad you cleared it up.

However I do remember when breathalizers first came in. They used to publish in the papers where the road blocks would be , complete with time and date lol:D Always used to make me laugh.

What work do you do Jayne...........

By the way I love Sevilla and we have competed a lot near Cadiz at Montenmedio.

Our weather was great today as well with temps reaching 17 here too.

Hey, where's all the sunshine gone today?

Hiya toliveordiet?, still got the odd little burst of sun here but mostly cloudy.

Where abouts are you chica?

I'm up near Benissa (just north of Benidorm), where are you (and our sunshine)?

It has been freezing over here, with temperatures down to about 16 some days. However, it is the chilly wind that is making it cold. Even the locals are saying it hasn't been this cold for years. I think things are looking brighter at last, with sunshine all day yesterday, and hopefully today too. I hope the sun shines for all you on the peninsula as well. That is what we are here for...well a lot of what we are here for!! ha ha :)

I'm up near Benissa (just north of Benidorm), where are you (and our sunshine)?
Blumin' 'eck, Sue (Fillymum) lives in Benissa too!

I'm down at the Southern end of the Costa Blanca. About 18 km inland from Guardamar and 23 km from Torrevieja.

It's been blumin' cold here today and the forecast for tomorrow is cold and wet!!!

Bring on Spring.

Do you know, I have just done something VERY VERY naughty. I went out and had a fry up. Sausage, 2 bacon, egg, beans and 2 pieces of toast, and do you know, I know it was bad for me but I really did enjoy it. I have not been able to stick to plan all week - its driving me nuts - now I may have got it out of my system and can get back to what is good for me - boy did I enjoy it - I can still taste it!!

Drawing a line and starting again! Hopefully I have sorted myself out!

Do you know, I have just done something VERY VERY naughty. I went out and had a fry up. Sausage, 2 bacon, egg, beans and 2 pieces of toast, and do you know, I know it was bad for me but I really did enjoy it. I have not been able to stick to plan all week - its driving me nuts - now I may have got it out of my system and can get back to what is good for me - boy did I enjoy it - I can still taste it!!

You have done so well up to now so don't beat yourself up. Just jump back on the waggon and get those last few pounds off...............

It is raining here!!!
Boo hiss
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is about to throw it down here as well!!!
The sky is black !!!

More Boo's and hissess from this end of Spain too !!!

xxx:D

Sun is shining here, just going out to play patanque - started work at 08.00 this morning (with a glitch for lunch!) so a little of relax time now

I'm having a different problem with my diet. I have been sticking to it religiously for 3 weeks and not lose a lb :cry: . Still I'll stick with it and up the exercise!

As t'other Sue said, forget it and just move on. There was only the sausage that was really naughty! The rest are fine on an EE day. Ok some sysns for the oil but not like you ate 10 curries in one sitting!

I find an occasional day of slightly naughty stuff really cheers me up. For whatever reason, it really gives me a good kick up the backside and boosts the morale.

I'm having a different problem with my diet. I have been sticking to it religiously for 3 weeks and not lose a lb :cry: . Still I'll stick with it and up the exercise!
You at about the same point as I am. BMI approaching 26 - and my body really doesn't want to give up any more pounds at all.

I have decided I am going absolutely back to basics next week. I am going to weight EVERYTHING - 'cos I've been getting a bit lax about this lately.
I'm also going to cut syns back as these have been creeping ever higher too - nothing drastic but the odd day when I go 2 or 3 over and don't compensate the next day is becoming far too often.

Anyone want to join me on a go at a 100% week next week?

Yeah I will join you Bev. Though I am intending to do a fish week.

It is hissing down here.

No rain yet! Although it is forecast. Just cold, cloudy and grey still.

And I am about to tackle my tax return. That really puts a dampner on things!

I'll join you too Bev. I'm sticking to Red days (I always put on weight on Green days) and putting my syns down to 5, I normally have between 10 and 15. Lots of chicken breast recipes (on offer in Mas y Mas 4.90€ per kilo) and perhaps a little entrecot one day with Iceland's cooked turkey offcuts pack to have with salad and nibble on.

What is everyone's favourite SW meal? Mine is chicken breast with a coriander/cumin/chilli stuffing on a bed of chopped tomatoes and red pepper slices :drool: although last week I tried the SW BBQ sauce recipe with chicken wrapped in bacon and that was delish too.

Good luck everyone for the coming week of losses. xx

I'll join you too Bev. I'm sticking to Red days (I always put on weight on Green days) and putting my syns down to 5, I normally have between 10 and 15. Lots of chicken breast recipes (on offer in Mas y Mas 4.90€ per kilo) and perhaps a little entrecot one day with Iceland's cooked turkey offcuts pack to have with salad and nibble on.

What is everyone's favourite SW meal? Mine is chicken breast with a coriander/cumin/chilli stuffing on a bed of chopped tomatoes and red pepper slices :drool: although last week I tried the SW BBQ sauce recipe with chicken wrapped in bacon and that was delish too.

Good luck everyone for the coming week of losses. xx

I will definitely be trying that delicious sounding BBQ chicken recipe. I love chicken, could eat it every day and when fish week is done will try lots of red days with loads of chicken recipes and even make a chicken and veg free soup to drink at times of extreme need lol:D

I must get to Mas y Mas for the chicken breast offer. They have some really good meat offers. Which one do you use ??

Have you seen the new butchers in the square in Benissa? I am going to have a look in there on Monday.

We should meet for coffee one day, we are so close to one another. You might hate me . I am a bit like marmite :D

Back