Spain - Chit-chat, grump or whatever else takes your fancy

Sorry folks I rather let the side down tonight. My son's friends didn't turn up for an arranged cycle ride and he was feeling quite sorry for himself so we took him for Pizza and, big surprise, my will power just wasn't up to it! I had garlic bread, pizza, profiteroles and a glass of vino tinto :sign0007: it was delicious :D

Still it will give me something to lose over the next few days :fingerscrossed:

You baddy !!!:D

Though thinking about the book of alternative SW rules I think you will be o.k.
Your meal was an act of mercy, not planned or chosen by you, so therefore synfree.............simples !!!
Rest easy Gail:D.
Where did you go for your pizza?? I see the little one on the corner in Benissa has closed after being there for donkeys years.

We went to Rusticana in Calpe. It's been a firm favourite with my son since he was little, mostly because of the model train that runs around the wall every 10 minutes.

It's a shame about the pizza place in Benissa but I'm not really surprised it was always empty when we went in and they didn't turn the pizza oven on until 8pm, we're normally on our way back home by then.

Are you doing anything tomorrow? I've got to go to Iceland at some point so we could perhaps meet for a coffee in their little coffee shop?

Bother, the old lady has a hospital appointment tomorrow and Paul is taking her and the clutch is coming out of my car today. If it is done in time for tomorrow I would love to see you.
I will PM you this evening.
It would be great to meet you.

OK Sue, I'll look out for your pm this evening.

Just a quick note for anyone with cats/dogs. If you are feeding them the bricks of Compy food from Mercadona stop it immediately and return it to your local Mercadona for exchange, it has been linked to kidney problems in both cats and dogs and has been withdrawn from sale

Mercadona withdraw cat and dog feed from sale. | News | Simply Networking

I tried the Compy catfood when we first got "our girls" 4 years ago. Being picky cats they took one mouthful, spat it out and cried at the top of their voices. Fortunately I still had some Brekkies left and the Compy got fed to the local feral population.

Always trust a cat to know what is good for them. They're a great tester for "off" food. If they eat something it is ok, if it's off they turn their noses skywards.

Never trust a dog, especially a labby, they will hoover anything - off or not!

OK Sue, I'll look out for your pm this evening.

Just a quick note for anyone with cats/dogs. If you are feeding them the bricks of Compy food from Mercadona stop it immediately and return it to your local Mercadona for exchange, it has been linked to kidney problems in both cats and dogs and has been withdrawn from sale

Mercadona withdraw cat and dog feed from sale. | News | Simply Networking

I did feed the giant sized bricks in an emergency as my dogs are fed chicken, I find it is safer and cheaper with 7 dogs to buy whole chickens in Lidl and cook those for them with rice and a biscuit mix.
I stopped giving it to them the Mercadona dog food when they put it in bricks.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post the warning here Gail.......

Hi everyone

Do you know of any shops that sell the Philideliphia with chocolate - have found it in Carrefour but its with Milka and its full fat.

I'm trying not to use Iceland - but maybe if no-one else stocks I will have to go (I spend too much in Iceland!)

I was in Iceland today Sue and they didn't have it in though they do have an offer of 2 for the price 1 on certain flavours of Philly.

I agree you have to be very strong shopping in there and stick to a list unless there is something that is a really good money saving offer like the Muller Lights were a few weeks ago when they were 5 for 2 €'s.

Hi Sue

The OH has stopped me from going in there. We were spending so much money - it was unrealistic. It was great when it first opened you seemed to get quite a bit for your money - but now I can blow a lot of money and find I don't have much in the trolley.

If I can't see it I won't want it - or thats the theory! ha ha

I only buy the mature cheddar, the options, the fruit tea and a pizza for Paul.

I get a few bits for friends who live beyond Alcoy and never get the chance to shop there. I feel like a millionare when I am getting their stuff for them lol.:D

Hey everyone, just a quickie, did you know that you can now buy the Slimming World magazine online. We no longer need to miss out on those inspirational stories and mouthwatering recipes.

PocketMags | Slimming World

I'm just about to sign up for the next 7 mags at £14.99

NB: Back issues are also available

Last edited:
Hi Gail

I subscribe but it goes to mums and she brings out when she comes over, I won't pay the huge costs for posting (I am tight!). She has 2 waiting to come over at the moment for me.

Thank you so much Gail.

I am very lucky one of the other members posts it to me..................

You will love it when you get it,

cheers Sue xxxx

Hey everyone, just a quickie, did you know that you can now buy the Slimming World magazine online. We no longer need to miss out on those inspirational stories and mouthwatering recipes.

PocketMags | Slimming World

I'm just about to sign up for the next 7 mags at £14.99

NB: Back issues are also available

Wow, Thank you so very much for that info, to liveordiet. That is invaluable info... Bet it's more that that to get it delivered to Tenerife though. I shall check it out, now I have thanked you...It has ...surely to be cheaper, than the €6.50 an issue that I pay here...Ooh, having just checked, it is the same price...Duh!! I suppose, it being digital, it will be

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Gail - that's really useful. I've never been able to get hold of the mags. Maybe now . . . .

I've got a load of magazines, they are 10 years old some of them but still great to read for inspiration :)

I bought 2 of the online mags recently - they are working fine now that I am in UK but they took for ever to download when I was away on holiday. They download without the internet but not buying any more unti I see how they go when I come back to Spain.

Would love to meet up with others, we used to live in the Quesada area but we moved back to Almeria.

Anybody near me ?

Back