Spain - Chit-chat, grump or whatever else takes your fancy

Yeah, I'm a bit like marmite as well but we could give it a go.

It's the Mas y Mas next to the square that I use, it's right opposite my bank so ideal. I keep meaning to have a look in the butchers too. They look a bit more expensive than the supermarkets but may be better quality.

I can't have fish weeks, my OH hates fish unless it's battered and I am steering clear of David's at the moment (for those of you not from Benissa David's is a fish and chip shop on the coast road).

Yeah, I'm a bit like marmite as well but we could give it a go.

Yes but from your stats you are the small bottle. I am still the large one.

It's the Mas y Mas next to the square that I use, it's right opposite my bank so ideal. I keep meaning to have a look in the butchers too. They look a bit more expensive than the supermarkets but may be better quality.

Hey, that is my bank too !!!! Mind you there is not much dosh in there atm lol !!!

I can't have fish weeks, my OH hates fish unless it's battered and I am steering clear of David's at the moment (for those of you not from Benissa David's is a fish and chip shop on the coast road).

Paul hates fish too apart from from Davids, excellent chippie, nice people. He will just about tolerate a fish pie made with smoked haddock from Iceland. Just read that, not the fish pie , the haddock.
What did we do before Iceland ???
How long have you been here. We are still novices. Have only done 31 years lol:D.
We love Benissa. In fact we are Benisseros.

What crap weather for the fiestas this weekend.

Let's hope we make a really good marmite sandwich lol:D

I will PM you my phone number.

Hey - if you two are getting together, I'm prepared to drive up to say hello!!

I'm even more like Marmite than you two probably! :D

Just got back from Zoco market - what a difference to 2 weeks ago, then it was 2dgs with a warning of ice, today 19dgs before 10am! It was a pleasure getting my fruit and veg today.

Anyway if anyone interested, a few good prices

1kg strawberries 2.50 Euro
1kg bananas 1 Euro
Cauli's nice and white and large 1.75
2 pieces large brocolli 1 Euro
3kg mandarines 2 Euro
As its warmer, feel like salad; bags of cherry toms 1 Euro
2 large English cucumbers 1 Euro
Bag of red onions 1 Euro

My trollie was full (and there's only 2 of us to feed!)

I love the Sunday market!

Would you belive I've never been to Zoco's and its a 5 minute drive.

Glorious here too so we are just off for a wee walk - to the pub!!! :8855:

Just a quick question how's everyone's weight loss going? Is it worth doing a weekly weigh-in just for us lot?

Hi Gail

Oh - a Spanish WI group! That would be really good.

I hit final target last week so I'm actually just maintaining now.
So celebrated :D and I've gained a couple of pounds. :eek:

Still within target range and still under 12 st but methinks I've been celebrating a tad too much. But I know how to get it off again so a week totally back on plan as we're off on holiday next Saturday!

It's a freebie as I won it to . . . guess where . . . Spain!!! So we're driving to the Costa del Sol to be cossetted for a week. So no doubt more weight back on!

Good idea Gail............what day ???

I weigh in on a Monday but it doesn't really matter if we all report back with our weekly losses I will start a thread and keep a month by month record for any one who wants to join in. If we start with March and go from there?

I have created a thread, just post your losses on there:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-overseas/262889-sunny-slimmers-spain-weigh.html#post4792545

I know that now the weather is picking up again I am coping better without all the comfort food that created my spare tyres in the first place so I am hoping for a good loss during March. Perhaps together we can working towards a great loss! :bighug:

Just posted on there to bookmark it. Off on holibobs now though until 12th.

Have a great holiday and we'll see you on minimins afterwards :wave_cry:

Currently having lunch is a nice little bar on the resort. Free WiFi . . . so here I am.

Right by the outdoor heated pool. What more could a girl want.

Attachments

• Heated Pool.jpg
    Heated Pool.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 57
  • The bar.jpg
    The bar.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Talking to you lot.jpg
    Talking to you lot.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Sunbathers.jpg
    Sunbathers.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 57
It's hotter where you are Sue! It's only 22c here today according to the thermometer but it feels a lot hotter, although it's very windy!

Hi Bev !!!!

You having a lovely time ???

Hi Sue - yes, we're having a splendid time. It's lovely resort although a bit of a hike outside Fuengirola.

Sorry folks I rather let the side down tonight. My son's friends didn't turn up for an arranged cycle ride and he was feeling quite sorry for himself so we took him for Pizza and, big surprise, my will power just wasn't up to it! I had garlic bread, pizza, profiteroles and a glass of vino tinto :sign0007: it was delicious :D

Still it will give me something to lose over the next few days :fingerscrossed:

Back