Spandex's Story So Far......

I havent tried any of the bars at all - how big are they?

Hey,

Sounds like you've had another good day! I'm the same, always crave chocolate after my main meal, it's a total habit for me, I'm a slave to the sugar lol not ordering bars anymore as they were triggering major cravings!

Keep going your doing great :)

Woke up feeling miserable and the size of a whale today - such a difference from yesterday's high. Have resisted the urge to weigh myself but I feel as if I'm bloated, deffo not TOTM as that was last week.

Anyway onwards and upwards, I've placed my month order and had a strawberry shake for breakfast. I made it with only 100ml of water and much preferred it that way. I'm going roller skating tonight after work, can't wait. What you all up to today?

hiya!!

working from home for me today, got a man from British Gas coming later to fit a new part to our boiler as its faulty

No shake yet here, going to go with banana shortly i think :)

have a good day!

Hello Spandex and ladies.

I'll be reading your diary everyday to. Keeps me motivated.

Day one for me and I'm going to have mac & cheese over my chicken to. It sounds / looks yummy!!

Hope your day goes well.

Happy slimming.

TT over and out.

Hope your days going well

Work for me ugh. Grabbing a spag bol n a lunch break aah!! Roll on five!!

Xx

Well I got my early finish hurrah, meant I could have a meal instead of soup for dinner so I chose Cottage Pie, dunno if I've just got terrible taste buds but ut was ok. like cheap instant mash with a few bits of soya mince and spices in.

Sorry Dirtywrongen missed your post about the bar sizes I'd say around a milky way size, so I tend to have mine as a late night treat rather than as a meal.

Thanks sliminthecity, I'm a choc muncher so I've only ordered 10 bars for a month! (not strong enough to have none yet!)

Welcome aboard Tiggertoeshope hope you enjoy yr mac cheese, remember to dilute it a bit more than states otherwise it can be a bit claggy.

I read that'd you'd been a good girl and kept of those scales, well done Rebekah x

I think I'm going to have a mushroom omelete for tea, I had chicken yesterday and I think that's what's made me feel like a big fatty today, but first I shall fit in a bit of shopping and of course a fabulous hour of roller disco.

oh and as an aside I was having terrible hunger pangs today and was most annoyed until I realised it'd been 8 hours since my breakfast - doh!

Hey Spandex! welcome to the world of SnS lol now i have another diary to stalk :p I'm on day 14 today myself it does get easier, i just had chicken with the mushroom pasta on top and it was delicious! had some rocket salad with it nom nom :D just read your posts and you seem to be doing awesome so far so keep at it! the first week is always awesome for weight loss! x

Enjoy the shopping and boogie :)

LOL I hear you on the bars. Mine are in the freezer!! Have to thaw then out first then... Or break s tooth!! LOL

Scales have a towel over them!!

Xx

Thanks for the heads up on the M&C. I over diluted it :( it was more mac and cheese soup. Added a small amount of corn flour to thicken. Might need to experiment with that one a bit next time. The macaroni seemed to stay small and crunchy for ages. But I nuked them for a further minute and they were fine after.

What was the mac cheese like? I'm building up having it as not sure I'll like it or not.

oops sorry! yeah mine stayed hard too, think I'll soak em in boiling water for a bit before microwaving next time. What did you think of the taste TToes?

The taste was ok. It was very similar to the packet pasta sauce mixes you get in stores. I think because I over diluted it might have altered the taste a bit but I added some mixed herbs and a pinch of salt. I think it will be great as a sauce on fish/chicken/veg but I won't be able to eat it on its own.. That will be a challenge. Its very cheesy and has a bit of an after taste but that can be fixed with seasoning. My opinion it gets a 7/10 (for diet food)

One thing worth noting is an investment in an electric hand whisk.. I can't really remember where I got mine from but it's priceless when making soups and shakes and sauces. Makes them thick and creamy.

Hello all
Newbie here - expecting my order today and starting next week. Loving your diary Spandex - helping me to prepare for next week. I tried the m/c yesterday and thought it was ok although I gave it an extra minute in the microwave too. Good idea to have it over veg I think - I have been deprived of cheese for ages as have been doing SW and I like milk in my coffee.
Seems like another good thing about S&S too - making up the shakes with water and saving the milk for coffee. Have just ordered a ball shaker - roll on next week!
Look forward to your updates Spandex :)

im a cheese fiend but the mac n cheese was abit disappointing...i brought 15 packets thinking there is no way i wont like it and it turns out i dont... it tastes odd..but 3 packets down 12 to go..i just have to suck it up cause im a ghostbuster. ;)

Tyrion_Lannister_lover said:
im a cheese fiend but the mac n cheese was abit disappointing...i brought 15 packets thinking there is no way i wont like it and it turns out i dont... it tastes odd..but 3 packets down 12 to go..i just have to suck it up cause im a ghostbuster. ;)

Have you tried adding herbs and spices to it, it really helps :)

Evening all.... well it's the night before weigh-day....I'm so excited you'd think I was waiting for Santy.

Had a manic day today stupidly missed the alarm and had 25 mins to shower, make packed lunches and get myself to work, but I did it - hurrah! However had no time for breakkie and then as soon as I'd got to work it was manic, so I found myself not having anything to eat til 1pm and even then that was a disappointing shake. I made it waaay to weak and urgh it has no taste - lesson learned there I think. Anyway 79 litres of water and a green tea later I had fish and asparagus for tea meaning that I still need to fit 2 more packs in before bedtime, however I'm really stuffed. What do you think I should do folks? Eat it or leave it?

Oooh and my month order came today which looked huge. I ordered the 5 pack men's one cos it was a cheaper and although it'll take me over the month I should have less inclination to cheat if I've got plenty of packs in. I've split it up and got enough food out ready for the next week cos knowing me I'll end up eating all the yum yum packs and then be left with 100 packs of bleurgh stuff.

I was having a browse at the other programmes similar to s&s and came across this thread on the light life programme http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/6012-unofficial-recipes-food-packs.html I might give some of them a bash - not sure how well they'd work out with it being a different programme but might be worth a try once the boredom sets in. I was thinking Tyrion why don't you try the popadoms with the mac cheese pack? You might end up with a big dorrito!?!

Back