Spandex's Story So Far......

I've had the spicy spaghetti (white packet) and lettuce for lunch today, liked this much nicer than the silver spaghetti and it was loads less spicier???? I'm not loving the choc bars tho tried the almond one, bleurgh twas like an old ladies handbag filled with sawdust all dry and fusty. Had the coconut one as well expecting a bounty and the truffa and found them both a bit dry and hard to eat. I only like the maple one so far. They didn't have any lemon one's in which are supposed to be nice so I'll have to get them next time.

Yum yum, I got the lemon ones from another site as I love em and truffa yum

I could eat Spicey spag everyday :)

Got much planned for bank hol?? X

Whats the normal spaghetti like? Thank goodness green chillis are permitted, Ive been bunging them in the chilli's and spicy bag cos although they taste great they're a bit lacking in the spice department.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MiniMins

I agree I'm quite impressed.

I've got quite a lot on this month tbh. party and seeing a band this weekend. Day out with friends, day out with lovely brother and a trip to see an old friend next week, my birthday and a weekend away mid month, off to see another band and then a trip to poland, on reflection quite possibly not the optimum time to start such a restrictive diet - doh!

What about you? What are you going to be up to?

There will always be things like social events that 'get in the way' so you've done the right thing starting now :)

Well I've been a bad un but I've enjoyed myself. Had a canny lot to drink at the weekend, but I stuck to g&t and apart from a shocking hangover I've been fine. It didn't lead to cravings, I got straight back on the diet (err with the exception of a few bits of pork scratchings) so we'll see the damage come Wednesday but up until Sat morning I hadn't lost any weight at all from the previous week, and I've even been exercising.

No idea whether I'm in ketosis or not, breath seems normal but I'm not getting huge hunger pangs so who knows and quite frankly who cares. Now I've got my first week under my belt and had my panics I've decided to chill out a bit. The way I see it is I'm not stuffing copious amounts of pizza, chips and chocolate down my neck these days. I'm being super careful about labelling and what I eat, but you know what, if my veg doesn't weigh spot on 200g I'm not going to beat myself up about it anymore. I was almost driving myself into a frenzied state anytime anything went near my mouth which is ridiculous. If I'm going to last on this regime then I definately need to be more sensible about it. Yeah there's going to be the odd challenge and possible slip but hey it's all gravy in the long run.

Well done you! You didn't go ott (like me) and got back on track - bring on Wednesday!

Back on the wagon no stressing!! Xx

I think you have exaclty the right attitude!! Thank god i'm not the only one who has been a bit naughty this weekend lol! :break_diet:

well naughty or not I lost 4lbs this week, not great but could've been worse I guess. I tried making the popodoms yesterday as I think the soup is vile and guess what? the popodoms were just like vile dried up soup - I shouldn't be surprised. Whilst I'm off work, I've been waiting much longer til my first meal of the day and this has really helped combat those hunger/boredom pangs. Well onto week 3, I think this week I will mostly be eating porridge.

Well done hun, a loss is a loss. I haven't done a proper weigh in as had Tom the past ten days ugh!

Enjoy your time off, I agree when at home eating later helps
:) Xx

4lb is a Fab loss for week 2
, ESP after a naughty weekend ! :)

Having a much better week this week (well so far, tis only day 2 of week 3) but I feel so much more energised. Tried the mac cheese again and it was lush, but this time I boiled my broccoli in some boullion and then used the cooking water to make the mac. Also tried my first ever proper piece of tuna that wasn't from a tin and was very surprised, that too was delish. Oh and had the museli bar too and it was palatable - I'm not a big fan of the bars so far, but I would buy that one again, think it was the unexpected white chocolate coating that helped though!

Next challenge will be the weekend again, 3 nights out in a row, my plan so far is to only have alcohol on one of them, and deffo not as much as last weekend. I was going to stay dry but it'd only make me miserable and as long as the weight is coming off (even if it's a bit slower) I think I'd rather have that and a social life.

Spandex said:
Having a much better week this week (well so far, tis only day 2 of week 3) but I feel so much more energised. Tried the mac cheese again and it was lush, but this time I boiled my broccoli in some boullion and then used the cooking water to make the mac. Also tried my first ever proper piece of tuna that wasn't from a tin and was very surprised, that too was delish. Oh and had the museli bar too and it was palatable - I'm not a big fan of the bars so far, but I would buy that one again, think it was the unexpected white chocolate coating that helped though!

Next challenge will be the weekend again, 3 nights out in a row, my plan so far is to only have alcohol on one of them, and deffo not as much as last weekend. I was going to stay dry but it'd only make me miserable and as long as the weight is coming off (even if it's a bit slower) I think I'd rather have that and a social life.

You are doing really well.

Going out and not drinking is HARD!! I was walking on my ears after only 2 pints on Tuesday. Think I'm going to avoid the pub for a few weeks if I can. Too much temptation in the menus when the blinkers come on. He he.

I'm quite lucky that I've never been a pint then kebab type (more a pint then man type ha ha) So I tend to eat less when I've had a drink not more. But I am going to be sensible with it and stick to white spirits and not drink the amounts that I necked last weekend.

Spandex said:
I'm quite lucky that I've never been a pint then kebab type (more a pint then man type ha ha) So I tend to eat less when I've had a drink not more. But I am going to be sensible with it and stick to white spirits and not drink the amounts that I necked last weekend.

Ha ha! Lesson learnt then ;) its funny how "a man" has turned into "that steak and chips" for me. And then that chocolate fudge pudding after... Hehehe!!

I blame my husband!! He's a feeder!! I can happily drink and be merry. He's like the devil on my shoulder egging me on. Planting little food suggestions. It's crazy.

Well I'm still loving week 3, deffo my best one yet. Thought I'd really struggle with being off work but diet wise it's been a breeze, atm I'm not even too bothered if I lose weight or not, I feel fantastic, I'm mentally high and I've gone down a notch the belt I'm using as a visual aid. I'm sure all this water and veg has made my skin look clearer too. Whoop Whoop! How are you all getting along?

Hey spandex, I was a size 24 after having my little one but it does come off! Zumba is awesome for inch loss! I got to a size 18 doing it 5 times a week for 15 mins as I was so unfit haha good luck with your journey it feels so great to get into the "teens" when you buy clothes! Best thing ever about that is clothes haha I'm a shop-a-holic :D x

Back