special occasions

lolli b

me again.......

it has just struck me that even though i am on CD i have special occasions over the period i will be on SS, how much does 1 meal set you back? :confused:

thanks

fab forum btw!!!

Depends very much on what you choose to eat (or not eat). Choose wisely and stick to the allowed "green & white" foods in sensible quantities and it may not have any negative effect at all. Or you could choose to not eat food at the social occasions if it suits you to do that. Sometimes it can be difficult to get back into SS if you've eaten and thats what causes the damage rather than the meal itself iykwim? You just need to weigh up the options foyourself for each situation and consider how easily you would be able to get back into SSing. Of course the first one may decide for you what you do at all the others :D

Good luck x

Hi Laura I went out for a meal last Saturday - absolutely couldn't get out of it and resigned myself to it by thinking I would have a green salad and chicken or fish. When I got to the restaurant there was no salad on the menu!!! I ended up having pate and a couple of small triangles of toast for starter and half (I put the other half on my husband's plate) a fillet steak (mmmm wonderful :)). It was that fancy neuveau (sp??) cuisine type stuff so there was a few mushrooms, a tiny bit of potato and a couple of mange tout. Then when everyone else had dessert, I had a black coffee. Oh.... I also had one glass of wine and a large bottle of water. I expected the worst when I went for weigh in on Tuesday evening but managed to lose 3.5 pounds - I'm well pleased. Oh nearly forgot as we were staying in a hotel I had one sausage and a rasher of bacon and two fried eggs for breakfast on Sunday. It really went through me to do this but I really wanted to join in with everyone else. Managed to get straight back onto SS on Sunday afternoon and drank gallons of water too. Wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis but it looks like I got away with it this time!

Jan x

I have decided to have one atkins style meal a week from this week onwards. I did my first week SS+ with skimmed milk. However, because I dont want to feel like a freak at social occasions (we eat at friends and vice versa a lot in France) and also to get my body used to eating, I am going to have an atkins style meal once a week and ENJOY, ie lean protein and a few good veggies. Not worrying too much about measuring, just to enjoy it once a week and see how I go on. i will keep you all posted.

Back