spectacular fall from the CD wagon

Hey all

Don't know what has happened to me this week, just cannot get back on track at all, am wondering if maybe i have come up to 810 too soon?

Kinda tempted to go back onto SS until i reach my healthy BMI then go onto SS+/810 from there.

Anyone else had similar experiences of losing their CD mojo? and how did you get it back?

Debs x

I felt like this just before xmas n i cudnt be bothered with the diet. Went off it for two days n then restarted coz i knew i was so unhappy coz of my weight. And ive been on it since. I think everyone gets to that point.

Maybe u cud go up a step just for some variation?

Also do u have pics of urself when u were slim ? Use them as motivation! I do n everytime i see my fat pic i lose my appetite !

Hope this msg doesnt get to you too late xx here for you if u need someone to chat to xx

Been there Hun. And I'm only on week 6! It's a real slippery slope and once you get off the wagon the longer it takes before you can get back on.

My advice would be to clear the house of temptations and then stick post it notes or fat/thin photos of yourself everywhere and resolve to hop back on that wagon. What always works for me is to try on loads of clothes that I know are too small. It makes me very depressed but it's bloody good motivation to stick to the diet!

Good luck, you can do it! X

I think I get what you're saying, hun. On SS, you just didn't do food, full stop. On 810, you get quite a big meal - which seems great, until you find that the result of having been allowed to eat makes you want to reach for more and more food... Until you're well and truly off plan.

If you need to take food back out of the equation again, then doing SS until you hit a BMI of 25 could be the answer. But at some stage, you're going to have to learn how to handle food again.

One of the things about 810 is that some foods on the allowed list aren't as low in carbs as others. The difference between cottage cheese and chicken for example - from memory, I think 300g of cottage cheese is 12g carb. Chicken will be 0g carb. Chickpeas will be higher in carbs. Quorn's higher in carbs.

So... you could have another bash at 810 and choose the lower carb items on the list - that will at least get you back into ketosis. Or you could go back on SS until BMI 25 and then ease yourself up the plans by choosing the lower carb stuff first. I personally find I can't eat cottage cheese without giving myself the raving munchies.

Feel for you hun. You can get over this, though! You've done so well to get where you are. :hug99:

After a long period of SS your body is LOVING having that extra bit of food. And it may well be 'turning up' your appetite to get you to continue to add that food, plus more! The body does not realise you are limiting food intake on purpose. It assumes food is scarce, that the crops have failed and you are in the middle of a winter famine, or a natural disaster, or some such.

Stick to 810 and your increased appetite will settle down. I loved the old 790 plan when I was on Cambridge. I have a friend currently on 810-1000. She, too, found moving up a Step or two made her much hungrier at first.

Back