Extra Easy Speed up weightloss!!!

I'm on a tight budget so cant afford a lot of veg and fruit, any ideas on other foods to speed up weightloss?

I've been on my excercise bike 3 times this week.

Only lost 1lb at weigh in, it's 8lb overall which is good but i'd love to lose 21lb by xmas! X

Some veg is pretty cheap - carrots, onions, greens are pretty cheap really. Other than that things like lentils, peas, chickpeas and beans are great because they're very cheap and really really filling.

Its fruit i'm most concerned about. I eat strawberries, and at the minute they're about £2.50 a punnet!! I just want to eat as much fruit and veg as possible x

I have just bought some frozen fruit from tesco which have strawberry blackberry raspberries and some other berries in think it was £1.30something a bag. Took some out this morning to defrost sprinkled some sweetener on it and gonna have it later with yogurt poured over it. You could stock up on frozen veg as well as I find I get less waste this way

Doesnt some frozen fruit have syns? Thats why i'm wary of having it.

I tend to buy frozen cauli and broccoli but everything else has to be fresh, no idea why!

X

Yes, the tastiest fruits are the most expensive! I love raspberries but they are too dear to be anything more than a treat every couple of weeks. I quite like apples, and they're not too pricey.

Its fruit i'm most concerned about. I eat strawberries, and at the minute they're about £2.50 a punnet!! I just want to eat as much fruit and veg as possible x

Have you tried looking at your local market? I got 2 large punnets of strawberries for £1 at the market recently, so a saving of £4 from buying them at ASDA. Hope that helps!

Seasonal fruit and veg is always cheaper.
Also shop around. My local tesco, asda, sainsburys, aldi etc etc all have different fruit and veg on offer every week! I walk to the supermarkets so manage to get to all of them :) And get some body magic on the way! Also look for value or reduced products! The fruit & veg may look ugly and be a bugger to peel etc but they taste the same!! x

Some frozen fruit can have syns because it has added sugar - so check the ingredient list before you buy

Was about to mention that - but you beat me to it...

Fruit can be expensive - but by learning when your local supermarket(s) reduce their goods as far as they're going to - you can pick up some bargins - I got a (small) punnet of raspberries yesterday for 45p and a bag of 6 apples for 20p. The raspberries are now in the freezer, and the apples - they'll be good for a week probably - and if it looks like they're turning - then they'll get stewed down and either synned or used as a HeB.

Also - don't solely rely on supermarkets - greengrocers if you can get there are often better in terms of price and quality.

Back