Speeding up metabolism

willowmcg

Does anyone have any ideas or supplements I can take to speed up my metabolism. My losses are not great although I have not been totally 100%, but I have stuck to having protein and no carbs. Last night I had to eat and substituted two poached eggs for one of the packs and some nights I have had a small bit of chicken or steak with a little veg instead of a pack.
Would this be enough to slow me down.

Thanks huwiesmummy, I'll try that, I thought having three packs and a meal might be worse. Im glad Im losing but just hoped it might be a bit more! I am going in and out of ketosis though according to the sticks.
My husband has been doing Atkins and lost a lot more than me, but it doesnt work for me.

Sticks are rubbish don't bother with them. Try not to eat any carbs other then the products. I stick to seafood and veg normally a salad or steamed broccoli. Becareful of carrots peas and corn as they are all carbs. There is a list of keto foods ill add the link in a mo.

As for better losses try walking more and drink more water. Id say I drink 6+ liters a day in fluids. Just don't do it all at once as that would make you sick.

Thanks for that, I am so hungry today, but have stuck to soup and water. I bought the flavouring and the peach is lovely with hot water and makes you feel a bit more full than cold water.
You've got fantastic losses

Keep meaning to try the peppermint tea. I have one or two cups of tea a day and put the tip of the spoon into coffeemate to give it a little colour as I cant drink it totally black

Have you tried the water flavourings? Peach is delicious hot but I am a bit worried as to how much you can drink in a day (not tried it cold yet)

Cutting back your packs could easily be what's affecting your weight loss. If you're having protein you still need to have all 3 packs

Ignore the sticks. You don't go in and out ketosis if you're having packs and protein. You only go out if you have carbs etc. The sticks are very unreliable

Thanks Starlight

Keep meaning to try the peppermint tea. I have one or two cups of tea a day and put the tip of the spoon into coffeemate to give it a little colour as I cant drink it totally black

There is actually quite alot of carbs in coffee mate, so maybe that is what is slowing your losses, and keeping you out of ketosis, and hungry.
Maybe you could do the same with a vanilla shake ?
Or try flavoured tea ?
:)

Thanks Marge tink I will try that, just need to have a little colour in the tea especially for that first cup!
You have done so well! and love your ultimate goal!! If only!!

Back