Spice up cottage cheese

WillowFae

Gold Member
I had a snack this morning of a small bowl of cottage cheese. To make plain cottage cheese a bit more exciting I put some Schwartz 'Season All' spice in it. For those that don't know it is a season mix designed to replace salt and pepper on your meals.

I didn't use too much and it was delicious! A great way to pep up a free snack :D

Apologies if you all know about this!

Is this seasoning free then??

couldnt find "Season All" under Schwartz but there were other types of seasoning, like Cajun and it was all free.

i had a jkt pot the other day & only had plain cottage cheese to put in it so i added some chilli & garlic to it, it was really nice! I got the chilli garlic from iceland its in a grinder & was £1.50 i think, i've also used it on sw wedges, which is really good too! xx

Thanks for the tip. I like to put in paprika with my cottage cheese, especially when I have prawns as well :D

K xx

Oh, I'm so glad you all appreciated the tip :D

Must admit I just assumed that spices and seasonings were free!

Thanks for that

Good tip, I never thought of spicing up cheese before, but I'm going to try it!

I have a daily serving of around a pound of broccoli with my evening meal (yes, I'm a glutton - I hang my head!) and I regularly spice it up before I steam it. I add ground cumin, coriander, paprika, chilli powder, cinnamon, garlic granules, nutmeg and... well, basically I chuck the contents of the spice rack at it! :p

The thing is, I was doing this with merry abandon, and I suddenly thought to weigh the spices one evening and it turns out I'm slapping 30g of them on it. Don't think that can be free in calories... although probably very low in the scheme of things, but I looked up the cals of ground cumin, and apparently it's around 400kcal per 100g.

I was a bit miffed about that if it's true. :(

I crushed a clove of garlic into CC once and no one came near me for days!
It's nice with mashed hard boiled egg and a tblspn of Hellmans EL mayo and fresh black pepper. 1 syn.

I crushed a clove of garlic into CC once and no one came near me for days!
It's nice with mashed hard boiled egg and a tblspn of Hellmans EL mayo and fresh black pepper. 1 syn.

Ooh, that sounds nice. I'm going to cook up an egg and try that for lunch tomorrow :)

Back