Spicing up Tuna Mayo

HazeyBlue

Flab 2 Fab
I have just had a baked potato with Tuna Mayo on and it was as bland as anything. Any ideas for zinging it up a bit?

I like some finely chopped red onion and sweetcorn in mine with smoked paprika. Also salt, pepper and some lemon mixed into the mayo is nice.

Sweet chilli sauce stirred into the mayo also gives a nice bit of kick, and goes nicely wiht tuna :)

ooohh thanks Sian, they all sound nice. I have some red onion too, I could of used some of that.

I think the EL Mayo is much less creamy than the full stuff so thats why its a little bland maybe.

I cut red peppers in or some bits of celery with light mayo.

I find EL mayo isn't as creamy as the regular too.

I often use spring/red onion, splash of vinegar, lemon juice, pepper and a pinch of dried chilli flakes, similar to Sian's idea - the tuna with paprika sounds delicious, definitely going to try it next time I have tuna.

Sometimes when I do tuna mayo with sweetcorn I add a little mustard.

I don't like mayo so tend to use yogurt instead add some lemon or cider vinegar and lots of black pepper to make it more zingy, or you could add some tomato purée to it and Worcestershire sauce and make a kind of seafood sauce.

If you have a morrisons near you they do a thing called Tuna Tasters and its basically a herb falvour mix that you put through tuna, I use with some salad cream just to take the dryness away.

Red Pepper & Tomato Viniagerette
Ginger & Soy
Lemon & Cracked Black pepper
Jalepeno one with something else!

I think they work out at a 1.5syns but I am getting this checked as it is only a herb mix :confused:

Alycyn1980 said:
If you have a morrisons near you they do a thing called Tuna Tasters and its basically a herb falvour mix that you put through tuna, I use with some salad cream just to take the dryness away.

Red Pepper & Tomato Viniagerette
Ginger & Soy
Lemon & Cracked Black pepper
Jalepeno one with something else!

I think they work out at a 1.5syns but I am getting this checked as it is only a herb mix :confused:

Sounds good. Keep meaning to go to morrisons for the eat smart sausages.

Sprinkles said:
I add chopped red onion and tabasco sauce - it is to die for, wave goodbye to blandness.

Tobasco - that i could try :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Back