Spicy Lentils and Spinach

can the oil be used as HE if used olive oil ? sounds yummy

yep if you use extra virgin olive oil, you could count it as HE. I didn't have any HE's left to use though, so just synned the oil.

It was really delicious for a meat free dish. Plus the spinach and veggies added to it, mean't I got my superfree foods

That looks and sounds so lush!!! I'm definitely going to make this dish! I think I'll try chucking a load of fresh spinach in at the end instead of frozen though as I prefer it and it wilts down quite quickly!X

I have made it with both fresh and frozen spinach before, and I do prefer it with fresh ;), so you use either really.

It is a yummy and filling meat free dish.

BritMum I have read your whole blog today and copied down all the recipes so thank you for being such an inspiration! Your recipes have given me something to look forward to when I start x

I forgot to add a comment at the time- OMG was this thread really as far back as January?!!! 10 months ago- I can't get over it!!! I did make it and it was really delicious! I used fresh spinach as I said I would and it worked well! And if I remember rightly I put some chilli powder in it too to give it an extra hit- I like things spicy!!XXX

I forgot to add a comment at the time- OMG was this thread really as far back as January?!!! 10 months ago- I can't get over it!!! I did make it and it was really delicious! I used fresh spinach as I said I would and it worked well! And if I remember rightly I put some chilli powder in it too to give it an extra hit- I like things spicy!!XXX

Brought the laptop to the kitchen and cooking it now...will update on how it comes out later tonight. So far smells lovely!

I followed the recipe, but after 35 mins the lentils still weren't cooked, so had to wait over an hour. Still it was worth it as it is delicious :) Had it for lunch instead of dinner- couldn't resist. Definately will make this again and a great way to fit in the extra veg. Thanks BritMum for another great recipe!

I followed the recipe, but after 35 mins the lentils still weren't cooked, so had to wait over an hour. Still it was worth it as it is delicious :) Had it for lunch instead of dinner- couldn't resist. Definately will make this again and a great way to fit in the extra veg. Thanks BritMum for another great recipe!

Her recipes are fab aren't they!! Have you tried the salmon fillet with the mustard, mayo and cherry tomatoes? Yummmm!! Yes I think I remember having to cook the lentils for a bit longer!X

It's the first one I tried and it was a hit not only with me, but with the kids, BIL and OH. Will try the salmon one another day (whenever I do a red)- sounds yummy!

ooh only just noticed this was bumped up. I am glad you enjoyed it. I havent made it for a while, as I prefer the lentil and butternut squash curry recipe on my blog now. Is a big favorite in my house. My 4 year old loves it.

Back