Spicy Minced Beef & Lentils

jaylou

Gold Member
This is becoming a big Extra Easy fave with the family, so easy and very filling too! ( 1 syn for 4 portions, only because of the tomato puree. )

1 chopped onion, 2 finely diced carrots, 2 cloves garlice - fry in fry light to soften. Add 2 tsp ground coriander and 1tsp turmeric and stir through.

Add 500g lean minced beef/steak and fry until meat is browned.

Add 150g red lentils, 2tbsp tomato puree, 600ml beef stock and plenty of seasoning.

Cover and cook gently for 25mins. (you may have to add more hot water as the lentils cook, keep checking).

Add 200g frozen peas and warm through.

Sprinkle with fresh coriander or fresh parsley and serve with superfree veg.

This recipes is now syn free as tomato puree is free

:):):)
This is becoming a big Extra Easy fave with the family, so easy and very filling too! ( 1 syn for 4 portions, only because of the tomato puree. )

1 chopped onion, 2 finely diced carrots, 2 cloves garlice - fry in fry light to soften. Add 2 tsp ground coriander and 1tsp turmeric and stir through.

Add 500g lean minced beef/steak and fry until meat is browned.

Add 150g red lentils, 2tbsp tomato puree, 600ml beef stock and plenty of seasoning.

Cover and cook gently for 25mins. (you may have to add more hot water as the lentils cook, keep checking).

Add 200g frozen peas and warm through.

Sprinkle with fresh coriander or fresh parsley and serve with superfree veg.

Yep, well spotted.
Also should be extra lean mince for it to be free.

Funny how things change!

would i be able to do this with ready cooked mince do you think, i made a cottage pie the other day and took out some of the mince mix to freeze for another day do you think it would be ok it already has gravy in it
thanks

Probably, it might be a little dry but it's worth a shot. I haven't made this for years so may do it again soon.

Back