Splitting Hex As

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by -Laura-, 16 September 2010 Social URL.

1. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just a quick question!

On Red/Green days we can have one or two Hex As.

So, if you only had one and a half Hex As, would you count the half within your Hexs, or would you syn it?

For example - if I had 250ml semi-skimmed milk in the morning as a Hex A, 2 Laughing Cows at lunch, and no more milk or cheese all day, would you syn the Laughing Cows?

I'm inclined to just count it in my Hexs, as I have done before, but does it need to be a full Hex to count as a Hex?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

Oooh! Controversial question!!!

Some would say that unless it's a full amount, it can't be counted as a HEX a, and that you should syn it.....

Personally, I'd say 'I'd rather use my syns on chocolate!!' and count it as HEX a. As long as you're getting at least one full HEX a, I wouldn't worry.... but then what do I know!??!

4. Piglet

Piglet Is so doing it this time

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    Hiya I'm with Lonestitcher on this.... count it as a Hex and save ya syns for the fun stuff! x

5. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Haha that's my exact thinking!! I know on EE you have to have the full Hex to count as a Hex, but like you say, so long as there's a full Hex in there somewhere..! Don't want to use the syns unless I have to, but don't want to be cheating the plan either!

6. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I never syn it if I don't have the full hex and I've had no problems with my weight loss so far :)

7. Divster

Divster Banned

On the SW web site in the faq it says you can!

8. Divster

Divster Banned

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice. With all single item choices, feel free!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.