Spray tans

sareypoop

Argh!! Major panic!! I had a spray tan done last night as off out tonight and I've woken up orange!! I'm yet to shower it off as I need to wait until my little boy has a nap. Anyone else had this experience? Will it wash off lighter??? Eek!!

It will be fine! The top layer will come off in the shower, and the orange should go!

How's it looking now??? I had a st tropez spray tan a couple of years ago....never ever again lol. It looked amazing on my face but legs were bloody awful!!!

I had the tan done Friday night, it's now Tuesday and I'm still orange. My legs and feet are really streaky. I think the woman who did it just wasn't experienced enough, it's like she sprayed too close and the tan ran down my legs and collected at my heels. I'm embarrassed to leave the house!!

Did you make sure you exfoliated for a few days before getting your spray tan? Not exfoliating properly can lead to a blotchy/patchy tan.

sareypoop said:
I had the tan done Friday night, it's now Tuesday and I'm still orange. My legs and feet are really streaky. I think the woman who did it just wasn't experienced enough, it's like she sprayed too close and the tan ran down my legs and collected at my heels. I'm embarrassed to leave the house!!

You poor thing. Ok so haven't tried this myself but have a friend who is a make up artist and she suggested either lemon juice, but be careful if you have cuts or sensitive skin as it can be strong and very astringent. Alternatively, if you rub in whitening toothpaste (got to be the whitening kind) then wash it off, that may also work. There are corrective wipes you can get but think they are a bit costly. If none of those work, using an exfoliating glove on the worst parts should help but prob not take it off. If nothing works and you decide you can't leave the house just enjoy it and say you're ill, it only takes about 5 days to come off. However, one reason I would go out before it fades is to go back to the salon where you had it done, refuse to have it done again (cos they prob will offer to redo) and demand your money back! Nobody should have to pay for rubbish products and that sounds rubbish. Good luck:)

You poor thing. Ok so haven't tried this myself but have a friend who is a make up artist and she suggested either lemon juice, but be careful if you have cuts or sensitive skin as it can be strong and very astringent. Alternatively, if you rub in whitening toothpaste (got to be the whitening kind) then wash it off, that may also work. There are corrective wipes you can get but think they are a bit costly. If none of those work, using an exfoliating glove on the worst parts should help but prob not take it off.

Whatever you do, do NOT try and exfoliate now. It will just make the tan even more blotchy.

Agree with the lemon juice - that works, but be careful of any cuts etc. Bog standard hair shampoo works too, give that a try!

Yes I exfoliated before I had it done. I have complained by phone and been told I can't have my money back and they have now ignored my last message. Im just putting it down to experience now and won't use them again or recommend them. I'll have to get the other half to go buy some lemons and try that!! Thanks for the suggestions xx

Back