Spring cleaned the wardrobe.........

slimwannabe

Silver Member
Ok so this morning I felt I was ready to spring clean the wardrobe,Filled 2 black bin liners with clothes that are now too big and found quite a few things that now fit but haven't been able to wear for past few years!! This has been due to being over weight this past year and being preggers the year before.
But I have to say boy did it feel good,wardrobe is now pretty much empty but don't want to buy anything as still have a long way to go really.

Anyways just wanted to share this with you all as it's something I have been avoiding for a very long time now.

Can't believe that I have found the courage to do it just 5 weeks into CD,really is amazing.

Sorry to go on xx

Oh god I can't even be bothered to do that Jim,it's all bagged up for the charity shop for the morning,don't ever want to see the clothes again lol

Yeah, listing about 50 items has been a chore even though I've done it in three sessions, but I've taken nearly £600!!! Ok, I sold a pushchair and a couple of bits but still, it was definately worth taking the time to do it IMHO

Well done you,I put a load of my kids clothes on ebay recently and just about called it even really,just didn't seem to be selling at all so can't be bothered now.
Tend to give alot of the kids stuff to friends for their kids now as haven't got the room here to store it all.

Clutter really drives me mad lol

what a super feeling hun!

All my old clothes are in the loft for the day when i can be bothered to get them onto ebay. Some of them went to charity shops but the "label" clothes have been kept!
I'm not a huge fan of selling clothes on ebay as its such a chore, but i will get them on eventually....one day....i hope..... ;)

xx

I'm just about to brave selling the best of my larger sized clothes on fleaBay. Keep having sessions with the camera, and writing descriptions so that I can put them up in batches. I must admit to having some trepidation - there's some good stuff, some BNWT Next suits etc. and I'd like to get something back. But it's so much hassle, and I have no idea how best to send suits through post!!! Anyone have any hints here?

Jim's takings have inspired me to do it sooner I think! Not sure how much I'll make on the stuff but it'll be more than I'll make with it hanging on the back of doors like it is now :)

Charity shop has had 8 large bags from me now! - every time I walk in they smile and say 'lost some more weight?'! When I took the first three in and told them why there was so much, the woman said (whilst buckling under the weight of the bags) 'did you put all the weight in here, love?'!

The best thing about clearing the wardrobes out is filling them again with smaller stuff!

Well done Natalie on getting that de-cluttering done, I think it also clears the mind and helps you focus on your new trimmer by the week body. I have done a little bit of chucking out too. As the weight went on in the past I refused to buy nice clothes so really my bigger stuff is cheap and cheerful, and not fit for a charity shop or EBay.
I have an extensive wardrobe of size 12 clothes (most of it never worn) that I can't wait to wear.
I'm taking advantage of the still pleasant weather and wearing my loose summer clothes for as long as I can, I just don't like spending money on clothes that might only be needed for a few weeks.

And my memory is failing, ha ha! Meant to mention that Oxfam will give you a £5 voucher to spend in Marks and Spencer if you bring in M & S clothes. The voucher can only be used in the month that it is issued and can only be used for purchases of £35 and above.
I was told about this in my nearest Oxfam (Romford) so apologies if this is not a national scheme.

Also Argos and Homebase have drop of points for the British Heart Foundation if you can pop your bags in there too.

x

Good attitude to take - I had to force myself to throw out/give away/ car boot my older size 18 clothes as there was always a little niggle at the back of my mind saying 'hang on to them, you might fit in them again one day'
NOT NOW - gone forever!!

Never hang onto big clothes (back your mind you are holding onto the weight ;) )

Moving on...i chuck anything too big and dont go near ebay to sell anymore and totally dont have time to drop into charity shops (bad me) but hey ho..our bin men have more bags to pick up these days :D

Best feeling throwing out the biggies

Just picking up on jimmyshoos suggestion about how to donate to Britsh Heart Foundation.

If anyone likes semi-precious stones jewellery, there is a really nice (brand new products) range in BHF shops. I like to buy this kind of thing from craft shops, QVC or direct from jewellery makers on the internet, but have picked up some lovely little pieces in tigers eye, rose quartz, haematite, blue howlite, lilac quartz and amethyst - ideal to supplement an existing collection or would be a good gift for a young girl getting into jewellery.

Ah Thanks to all your suggestion guys and girls,have spent all day de cluttering and sorting through about 20 bin bags of stuff from the loft.All clothes are going to friends/charity shops and all household items and toys are being auctioned off later this week,so should get a bit of money back.
Am feeling alot better for it but it is now getting late and I still haven't made it into the shower so will have to be an early morning for me.God am working 12 hour shifts for next 2 days as well,gotta take the overtime whilst it's there and need the money so I can buy me some nice new clothes once i've lost some more weight lol.

Blingbabe I do believe we get the M&S vouchers here to if we take things into bhf.

Thanks for the reminder about that though. xx

Back