Squash?

laurenmay

Gold Member
I know we're meant to drink up to 3 litres of water a day - I read on the slim & save site that we shouldn't have more than 3 litres though?

& I know we can have water flavourings, but what is it about flavoured water that we're not allowed? Is it the citric acid?

Are we allowed squash?

A woman in wok with me is following herbalife, and I know it's a different diet but it follws the same sort of thing & she's allowed squash... so wondered if we were?

laurenmay said:
I know we're meant to drink up to 3 litres of water a day - I read on the slim & save site that we shouldn't have more than 3 litres though?

& I know we can have water flavourings, but what is it about flavoured water that we're not allowed? Is it the citric acid?

Are we allowed squash?

A woman in wok with me is following herbalife, and I know it's a different diet but it follws the same sort of thing & she's allowed squash... so wondered if we were?

Yes, it's citric acid you've got to watch out for-along with any derivative(sodium citrate etc)
S&S do a range of water flavourings which you can buy on the site, and also there is a list of 'allowed' drinks on there too. I think there might be one squash that you're allowed and its a Ribena plus one. HTH

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Welshtigger said:
Yes, it's citric acid you've got to watch out for-along with any derivative(sodium citrate etc)
S&S do a range of water flavourings which you can buy on the site, and also there is a list of 'allowed' drinks on there too. I think there might be one squash that you're allowed and its a Ribena plus one. HTH

Oh , Ribena ? Do tell , I'd love to be able to find that , do you know which one it is ?

cheeselover said:
Oh , Ribena ? Do tell , I'd love to be able to find that , do you know which one it is ?

I'm not 100% sure, but it's a Ribena plus one-for healthy bones or something-sorry to be so vague! Hopefully someone may come along with more info x

Yup the Ribena plus is citric acid free. Citric acid can throw you out of ketosis but it depends how sensitive you are. Personally all of my water is drank as squash containing citric acid but I know that I get into ketosis easily and am not thrown out easily.

caroline g said:
Yup the Ribena plus is citric acid free. Citric acid can throw you out of ketosis but it depends how sensitive you are. Personally all of my water is drank as squash containing citric acid but I know that I get into ketosis easily and am not thrown out easily.

Thank you , shall look out for it x

Personally I drank it and it was fine.

Different things affect (or don't affect) different people As you said yourself you're one of the lucky ones who doesn't easily get kicked out ketosis. Unfortunately not everyone is so lucky :). I wouldn't risk it but that's my choice. I do think though sometimes people forget that there's more to watch out for than just citric acid.

According to Ribena though some ribena plus flavours do have citric acid so if anyone's risking it be careful which you pick :)

Last edited:
is unflavoured sparkling mineral water ok..?
if so, would a slice of lemon do any harm do you think?

No lemon it will knock you out hun. Sparkling water is fine :)

ok thanks, thought the lemon was a no no

Back