squircle and the xenical adventure

squircle

Just back from Tesco and the cupboards are now full of low fat food! I was surprised at what I could still eat.

First tablet on Monday and TBH i'm quite scared. I've been overweight most of my life and obese for most of that. For a while now my weight has been seriously affecting my life and I have been desperate to change for years. I've been here more times than I can remember - the diet starts on Monday and in 6-8 months I'll have lost a few stone and my life will be better as a result. It has never worked out like that and usually within a couple of weeks the binging and over eating and depression returns. I really don't want to fail again!

I think this is the best chance I've had in ages and I hope I can do it.

Any advice from people who have done well on xenical?

squircle

ive not done all that well (well not yet anyway)
but good luck, dont be scared. you will do just fine...
and you know what... maybe before you didnt have the support that you have from all of us before...
sooo repeat after me...

YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Squircle and good luck for Monday! Just remember, losing weight is not going to magically make your life better but it will make you feel better about yourself and that in turn will give you more self confidence which can have a major impact on your life. I read something the other day, might have been on my Biggest Loser Wii thing, that we have to remember that there is no finish line, this is for life, so make sure to go with a plan that you can stick to and foods that you enjoy eating or you won't be able to stick to it. Don't be afraid of taking those tablets, as long as you are following the fat rules there will be no side effects just weight loss effects! Good luck again,

KB x

Thanks Kes an KB.

The most important thing I need is help and support - something I've been missing before. My confidence is at an all time low right now, but hopefully things will change.

I used to avoid things - nights out with friends, sports clubs, weekends away walking or climbing because of my weight and how much of a burden it was. I used to say things like - I'll join the university kayak club when I lose some weight, or I'll go back and volunteer at the outdoor centre when I am more confident. Now I realise I have it the wrong way round. I need to become more active, more outgoing and do things now to help lose the weight.

Kayak club on thursday and back to the Goil on the weekend of the 20th - no excuses!

I WILL SUCCEED

Good luck for tomorrow. My wee motto is that we cannot change our past, but we do have the power to shape and change our future. So as from tomorrow its a new future for you, a future that you are in control of :)
x

Good luck tomorrow! I just started taking it as well. Not as scary as I expected :)

good luck today. and most of all make sure you are happy. if this doesnt happen you will give up and kick your self for it... find things that you enjoy and have them... my new found love is custard pots (caramal and custard and chcoclate and custard from ambrosdia) YUM!!

Morning everyone!

Just taken my first tablet and had breakfast. A little worried that the fatty foods I ate last yesterday will be hanging about in my system and the Xenical will go after them and not the Kellogs Start i had for brekkie!

I weighed myself on the wii and lost 2lbs from this time last week - which is good considering i haven't been following a diet (in fact i had a couple of bad binges on fri and sat), I only went the the gym one and i wasn't taking xenical! I feel good about that and my weight loss spreadsheet and chart is already a week ahead!

fingers crossed as i start this change in lifestlye!

squircle

Good luck squircle!

Thanks everyone.

Just had dinner - WW curry and rice and just tucking into an ice lolly.

Feel good - much better than I thought I would and no hint of any side effects. prob just a little more stomach rumbling than normal.

Didn't go to the Gym today as planned. I wanted to make sure I didn't react badly to the tablets before I strained lifting weights in shorts! Back to the Gym tomorrow!

Day 1 finished and still confident that I WILL SUCEEDD!

Squircle

Best of luck with your journey Squircle :)

I've just finished my first week, and can completely relate to the apprehension of potential side effects, and the implications of leaving the house in the first couple of days.

I'm a little more relaxed about things with one week safely and successfully under my belt, but still viewing all new meals as a 'trail & error' exercise.

This place is brilliant for support and advice!

End of day 2 and still no real issues. I have a little bit of a sore head, but nothing major.

If anything I feel I'm not eating enough. I'm being so careful about what I eat and portion control i don'tthink I'm getting enough calories.

Wasn't gym boy day today - but def tomorrow

how often are people weighing themselves?

Are you drinking enough Squircle?...try to drink at least a couple litres each day if you're not already. That might account for the headaches.
Other than that. Have you tried myfitnesspal.com? There's a useful tool on there that will calculate your recommended daily calorie intake for losing weight, according to your weight/height/sex.
Maybe you could post a couple of days worth of food on here and we can all have a nosey and see what we think? It's good to keep a food diary in any case, whether it's on here or not.

I weigh myself evey day most of the time, although I know it's not the best thing to do. However, at the moment I'm doing a challenge for lent (not for religious reasons, just for a personal challenge) to weigh myself just once a week, which is today!
I'm finding this VERY hard, but I think I need to learn to look at the bigger picture of my weight-loss journey rather than looking at the scales every day and reacting to what I see. Does that make sense?
I guess it depends if you can handle what you see on the scales. I'm the type of person who jumps on the scales, sees a gain, thinks '**** it' and has a chocolate bar. Other people feel extra motivation to do well if they see a mid-week gain - I'm not one of those people, I just feel disheartened and lose my way.

How often were you thinking of weighing yourself?

Last edited:
I'm a total serial weighter Squircle :(. Twice a day. Which I know is wrong but I the only one that really counts is the weigh in on Sunday.

So it doesnt get me too down if I go up a bit during the week

im also a twice a day girl, but take really no notice of anything during the week....
and i only take the Dr weigh ins off my trackers and that.

I think i'll be weighing myself weekly - I use the wii to weigh myself and it's too much hassle to do it more often.

Looked at how many calories I should be eating and it's about 2000 cal - so i'm gonna aim for about 1800 and the Xenical should stop me aborbing about another 150 cals or so and with the exercise should lose some weight!

Ok going to the Gym now for some weight training to build those calorie burning muscles - wish me luck!

I WILL SUCCEED!

Back