Squircle says Hi

squircle

Hello I'm Squircle.

I'm a 37 year old mature student from Glasgow.

I had a bit of a minor heart attack recently and was advised to loose about 5 stone.

I've tried diets in the past, usually just calorie counting or low carb, both without success. This time the doctor prescribed Xenical. I haven't started taking it yet. I'm going to start by trying the low fat diet and exercise and then start the pills in about a week when I have a few spare days. I'm also going to ask lots of questions and hopefully get loads of good advice from the posters on here!

I look forward to sharing my experiences with you, and I hope I will find help and support here.

Squircle

Hi Squircle :)
Sorry to hear about the heart problems- must have been scary! But by taking steps to lose weight you'll minimise the chances of it happening again- just remember that if you ever feel like it's impossible or if you're struggling.
Best of luck :)

Thanks Butterfly.

TBH the heart attack was so minor I thought it was just indegestion, and it wasn't until i had a routine ECG that the doc noticed something wasn't quite right.

My biggest motivation right now is lifestyle change. I used to be a very active outdoorsy type of guy, but haven't been climbing or kayaking in years. I loved it so much I wanna start doing it all again, and I need to loose weight to enjoy it.

My mom just went through a similar ordeal of a minor heart attack, but it was the other way around and the doctors thought it was indigestion!
However my mom still refuses to lose weight/ stop smoking etc etc. Some people decide to give up after a minor health blip, but I'm glad you're not the same. Just remember to not lose sight of your goals.

Hello and welcome to the forum :D good luck on your weightloss journey, Sorry to hear about your minor heart attack

Back