SS+/810 Meal Ideas

FlicG

Silver Member
So, I am a serial lurker on this forum - and one thing that I find really frustrating is that there's not many meal recipes that people have either tried, or eaten. Though I am still SS with a couple of SS+ meals thrown in at the moment, I am planning to keep this updated when I have recipes worth trying, or even just to keep me accountable!

Enjoy, and please join in too!

So, I started off when I needed my first SS+ meal with the real basics:

wilted spinach and poached eggs.

I really struggle to get eggs to look "poachy" and sometimes, they just don't work! What I didn't want to do is "waste" my eggs with the white falling apart. A top tip from Lorraine Pascale, and the eggs have been amazing every time since!

Use a shallow pan/frying pan - I have a mini omelette pan which is perfect for two little eggies.
I use a capful of cider vinegar in the water - I haven't tried it without yet, but i'm sure it is fine.
Get the water SIMMERING, not boiling. Lower the eggs in gently. Simmer for 5 mins for gorgeous soft yolks.

I always drain mine on kitchen roll too because I hate it when my plate is swimming!

Completely unimaginative, but delicious nonetheless!

xx

Stir fried prawns with wilted pak choi and brocolli.

This was me getting adventurous for the first time. I had a serious craving for juicy prawns!

So, I created a quick marinate for them which consisted of:
- fresh ginger
- chilli - green
- a little fish sauce
- a little soy sauce
- a little lime juice

As the pak choi and brocolli wilted in a dry pan with a little water, I fried off the prawns in a hot (dry) pan.

Cooked and done and dusted in about 10 minutes, it was delicious and ridiculously filling!

xx

Fajita Chicken lettuce wraps

- protein allowance: 1/2 chicken and one medium egg
- veg allowance: lettuce leaves - use iceburg or round, green pepper and cucumber.

coat chicken in fajita spice and then dry fry with the pepper.
Boil the egg
peel of large lettuce leaves and chop cucumber into small pieces.

Once the egg is cooked, chop into four or six and mix with the chicken and pepper. fill the lettuce leaves with the mix and then top with cucumber. I could have put some spring onion in, but didn't have any in the fridge!

I love eggs, so didn't think this weird - i'm sure some might, so omit and have the full portion of chicken.

xx

So, I started off when I needed my first SS+ meal with the real basics: wilted spinach and poached eggs. I really struggle to get eggs to look "poachy" and sometimes, they just don't work! What I didn't want to do is "waste" my eggs with the white falling apart. A top tip from Lorraine Pascale, and the eggs have been amazing every time since! Use a shallow pan/frying pan - I have a mini omelette pan which is perfect for two little eggies. I use a capful of cider vinegar in the water - I haven't tried it without yet, but i'm sure it is fine. Get the water SIMMERING, not boiling. Lower the eggs in gently. Simmer for 5 mins for gorgeous soft yolks. I always drain mine on kitchen roll too because I hate it when my plate is swimming! Completely unimaginative, but delicious nonetheless! xx

I always have a problem getting poached eggs right so will try this next time :)

Keep posting as all ideas will helps when the time comes.

Your doing great x x x

Both of these sound great will try next week

I'm on day 1 of my 3rd round of Cambridge (own fault self indulged, and i find this is the safest way for me to lose weight). Anyway-
I do the usual shake for breakfast, bar at lunch, yog as a snack.
For tea I'm going to try:
cauliflower cheese.
This involves me using the mac and cheese meal pack, and some cauliflower. And i'm eating it with some chicken (proteins).
I'm new to cauli, everyone says cauliflower cheese is the way to get it to taste good... Has anyone had the mac and cheese pack? Any tips? I'll post my instructions for what i do to it all if it tastes pretty good (though i bet it'll be soften the caulk while the mac and cheese 'sits' and then stir it in. I will just season the chicken and eat it with it :)

So, I am a serial lurker on this forum - and one thing that I find really frustrating is that there's not many meal recipes that people have either tried, or eaten. Though I am still SS with a couple of SS+ meals thrown in at the moment, I am planning to keep this updated when I have recipes worth trying, or even just to keep me accountable!

Enjoy, and please join in too!

Hi,
I’m on week 2 I started on Step 2 as thought that would fit better with my life style and so far so good.
Seasoning was a bit issue for me but I have managed to overcome this by mani sting all my protein, mainly white fish, chicken and Turkey in some of the chicken and veg drink mix with lemon juice, garlic and chilli flakes, then I bake it, it’s great, no loss of flavour at all. Also make a broth with it and add my protein and vegetable allowance. It’s very filling.

Back