Step 1 Sole Source SS - been in a stall for 10 weeks.... your thoughts

Tygermoth

Hi Guys,

I want to pick your brains, if you don't mind.

Did really well and lost three and a half stone flipping backwards and forwards from two or three pounds a week.

I then had my advised/indicated NICE week. For every week after I have lost a pound only (I am not knocking it as its still 10 pounds down but £40 per pound is very expensive especially as I still have a stone and a half to go!)

Stayed entirely on plan no changes* - Measurements and BMI/fat percentage show no attributed changes. (I only weigh/measure at the councillors - once a week not at home)

My councillor has put the stall it down to TOTM, water (though I drink the right amount) but she is running out of excuses, she is very encouraging, but I am beginning to falter.

I am beginning to think my body is telling me enough is enough with the VLCD. However I am very happy with the shakes and putter along and find the diet no bother at all but feel that doing this for a pound a week for another four or so months is just unfeasible

Is it worth give the bod a shake up and doing a week/two of low carbing then going back to VCLD?

*this is a fib, I started hot yoga, three times a week after the seventh week of the stall with absolutely no difference in my weight loss (p.s love love love it!)

Could I have your thoughts?

Many thanks

Last edited:
I might get shouted at for saying this but ive personally found when ive come to a stall that a kick start of the metabolism by adding an extra carb day or 2 does me wonders it's just if you can get yourself straight back on track that people find difficult. I would tend to do it on weigh in day then you've got another 5/6 days to lose any water that gets stored from the extra carbs.

Well done by the way on the brill loss so far xx

I always said to myself that if my losses become 1 - 1 and a half lbs on a regular basis then I will go to slimming world. I know like you say a lbs is good but I regularly lost that on slimming world before and it's the big losses are the incentive for this diet. I am now on day 7 of my step 2 week. Going back to step one tomorrow (i have not enjoyed step 2). So I'll see how it goes. Although I had to miss my weigh in last night as it snowed so much I couldn't make it :(

Have you always lost 2-3 pounds a week? There haven't been weeks (other than the first week) where you've occasionally lost 4-5 pounds? The reason I ask is that 2-3 pounds a week is a touch on the slow side anyway. Still better than you ever would've got doing a different diet, but slow-ish. Have you ever been tested for an under active thyroid? I'm wondering whether there's a metabolic reason for your slower losses.

I can appreciate 1lb a week is maddeningly slow but in all likelihood, those pounds won't come off any faster if you switch to a different diet. It's possible the hot yoga isn't helping. Never done it - but I understand you sweat buckets, right? ;) So your body might well be hanging on to water for dear life. How much are you drinking? I suspect you're going to need far more than 2.4 litres on a day when you're doing the yoga.

Back