SS+ Help

Nessy

Hi im on my third day and i am finding it ok but sometimes i just want to eat and i dont want to wreak the diet as i know this is the best thing ive ever decided to do. I was wondering if my weight loss will be the same on SS+ and whether if i decide some days can i do SS+ and then just SS as i know some days i wont want to eat or would it just be ok to have some chicken/cottage cheese every so often without wreaking my overall weight loss?

Any help would be ace

Nessy xx

I think you have to do what your body is telling you, if you feel slightly hungry have a drink of water, if after half an hour you are still hungry and you have eaten or drank your CD stuff, then a little protein low in fat etc will not hurt the diet, just slow down how fast you lose it.

I am currently on my first week and have had a few protein treats. I have lost 4lb so far which is not as fast as some, but I am happy with it.

I am a returner but am doing the same as last time.
I basically have my packs plus a couple of cups of coffee with skimmed milk, plus 2x coke zero and a tub of vlf cottage cheese
it keeps me sane and I have never enjoyed cottage cheese so much.
oh and last time I did this I lost 11 pounds the first week!!!

dearspooky, thanks for that.
i had exactly this discussion with a client last week & we thought it would be a sensible compromise.
I'll tell her your warning.

My advice as a serial restarter/picker is stick with it! If you're on day 3, chances are you might not yet be in ketosis. When I think back to the first time I did this, I was hungry for pretty much the first 5-7 days, but from then on I never again felt hunger - sometimes I had to put out my 3 packs at the start of the day or I'd forget to take my last one!

It's hard, of course it is, but try not to waver so early on. If you still feel like this after a week, then maybe you can reassess then, but on day 3, you're exactly where you need to be - getting into ketosis and suffering! :sigh:

I hope I don't sound harsh or anything, I really don't mean to. If anything I'm telling myself this as much as you. Please please please suffer a bit more - drink more water, occupy yourself (I completely emptied and tidied my spare room full of years of junk yesterday!) and give yourself treats ie sitting in the bath with magazines, ticking off each half day you do on a chart, and I guarantee that in a few more days you'll have no hunger at all!

This is the best diet I have ever done - and the only one that worked! Through my own stupidity I put the weight back on, but that's nothing to do with CD. It works, it's fab, and the rate of loss is amazing. In a few weeks time you will feel as though you can achieve anything. :D

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

:party0011::party0011::party0011:

L xx

Dear loopy, what an excellent post...i think you summed up the magic of CD perfectly. Hope you keep it off this time.

Thanks Jane! :D

I have an update - I'm now in ketosis! Woo hoo!

I'm still a bit hungry (which is what got me here in the first place! ;)) but that'll pass.

Come on everyone - let's slim for the summer!

L xx

Hi loopy lou, Well i felt like you, doing SS+ for first 2 weeks, now im on week 3 and hving 3 shakes and sml evening meal ie. chicken salad. Feel I can control weight much better altho lost 6lbs first wk then 4lbs second week.

Anyway if you are hungry eat protein not carbs just sml portion. :)

I've been doing a mixture of SS and SS-AAMW(like SS+) since almost the begining.

I SS 4 days during the week, but have a small protein and green veg dinner on 3 nights, usually Weds, Sat and Sunday.

I don't though have an AAMW.

It works for me, and I've been pretty good at not picking, but it lets me have the flexibility to eat with my family at weekends.

I agree with Spooky who says that it could to lead to picking, but if you are disciplined then it can work.

My losses have slowed a bit recently but I've still lost nearly 3½ stone in 13 weeks.

I'm terrible if I have even the tiniest bit of chicken I just want to eat and eat.
Going cold turkey as of today!

After 4 months, I've just moved up to SS+ from SS. I find it much better, I use the + as milk allowance. I'm on 4 sachets a day, cos I'm 5ft 10 and before I was using the shake for coffee leaving me a sachet short for my meal.

So this is perfect, now I have 4 sachets plus milk and I lost 6lb this week

Thanks Jane! :D

I have an update - I'm now in ketosis! Woo hoo!

I'm still a bit hungry (which is what got me here in the first place! ;)) but that'll pass.

Come on everyone - let's slim for the summer!

L xx
Well doenLL. As you say it'll get easier as you settle into the diet. Keep it up
I've been doing a mixture of SS and SS-AAMW(like SS+) since almost the begining.

I SS 4 days during the week, but have a small protein and green veg dinner on 3 nights, usually Weds, Sat and Sunday.

I don't though have an AAMW.

It works for me, and I've been pretty good at not picking, but it lets me have the flexibility to eat with my family at weekends.

I agree with Spooky who says that it could to lead to picking, but if you are disciplined then it can work.

My losses have slowed a bit recently but I've still lost nearly 3½ stone in 13 weeks.
I thin kthe plan you've described is eminently sensible & quite a few of my people do something on those lines. Weekends a psychologically different from the working week, so you can still have the feeling of the diet having a natural rhythm with your plan & not want to carry on the meals after sunday.
After 4 months, I've just moved up to SS+ from SS. I find it much better, I use the + as milk allowance. I'm on 4 sachets a day, cos I'm 5ft 10 and before I was using the shake for coffee leaving me a sachet short for my meal.

So this is perfect, now I have 4 sachets plus milk and I lost 6lb this week

Good for you.
i think that's thejoy & versatility of SS+. yuo can pick out the 'extra' that will make your diet easier. Also, like all the decisions made during CD it can be reviewed as circumstances, routines etc change.

OMG This thread has just saved my diet!!

I'm close to tears as I feel such a failure.... I'm only on day 5 and I've felt strong and not hungry pretty much from the start but at 6pm today I came over all funny and shakey. On Friday my CDC said I must be in Ketosis so I just couldn't understand feeling like this..?! I had lots of water - already had 4 litres of water) so had a tetra...still felt pants. So I had a black coffee... still felt awful!!
SOOOOO I gave in and ate. I had chicken breast and 2 spoons of broccolli. And now I feel GREAT! A little disappointed in myself for failing SS though!! :cry:

During the week is fine but Saturday and Sunday are normally days when me and the boyf get a take away and vege in front of the tv..... and I think this contributed to my failure.

Sooo my question is..... do you think I'll be okay SSin during the week and have a white and green meal on a saturday and sunday night? I know I have the willpower not to pick.... when I had my chik and broccolli tonight I cooked my boyf chik and couscous.. then he had TWO ice creams and I was tempted at all... I was just relieved to be having chicken and vege!!
Second question.... will this meal have effected my ketosis and will it effect it going forward if I have a small white n green meal twice a week? :cry:

Hi Candace.
My CDC actually asked if I wanted to do my aam at the weekends instead of on my 5th week. Apparently some of her clients do it this way without losing any less weight.
Why not speak to your CDC about it the next time you see them?

Thanks Liz I will....... she did say I should try just sticking to one or the other when I firs started and asked her questions on CD but I guess I need to just listen to my body and eat when I feel the need to. As long as its small and white and green of course! :)
Just feel like such a failure after everyone on here sticks to SS so well.

hey you did what you had to do, you are not a failure, you may feel that SS+ at the weekends suits you or this may have been a once off. But you wont have effected ketosis with that meal, and any affect on losses should be hardly noticeable

Back