ss+ or ss

jlm

Hey i know this question has been asked before but i am meeting my CDC fri and starting CD sat and i just wanted opinion on the whole SS, SS+ thing. i was really thinking of doing SS+ as was thinking having milk in my tea etc would really help me stick to it... but am wondering if i am wimping out and should just go the whole hog with SS? I know it is hard to predict what effect the milk will have on my weight loss. I just want to make the right decision for me.
cheers guys
jayne xx

HI
I have gone with ss this time round i started with ss+ last time to eat a 200cal meal and found it too tempting to fall into my old ways. With SS i have no option and i found it far easier to give up cups of tea than to give up carbs.
But again that is just me. try SS its hard for the first 3 days but well worth it. were all different. sorry not much hope.
let us know what you choose and how your getting on

Hi i am starting ss today. I think I may add the milk in coffee once i have gone into ketosis and am established on the diet.

At the moment i am starving would normally have had brekie by now:rolleyes: I am just about to make a porridge pack hope its nice. Good luck with your start Jayne.

I did SS for the first 6 days and nearly ate my own arm through hunger. My CDC advised me to switch to SS+ and I haven't looked back since. I'm like Coley and JustJen84 and have milk in my first cuppa of the morning, after that I'm on peppermint tea for the rest of the day.
Good luck with your CD journey.

thanks so much for the replies. Bmthsue .. when you say you ss+, you have milk in the mornings do you also have the small meal later? or did having milk in yr drinks make enough of a difference to your hunger?
thanks for all your support guys !

I have ss+ with the 200cal meal. I know I shouldn't have milk in my first cup of tea, but I can't start the day without a decent cuppa and it hasn't affected my weight losses or bumped me out of ketosis. That may not be the same for everyone though.

I did 2 weeks of ss with just the shakes when I started the diet in June and it was the hardest 2 weeks of my life! Then when you start introducing the bars and porridge and soup it does start to feel like 'real food'

I'm now back on ss after a break from the diet and a 2 week all inclusive holiday, and have decided to have the odd bit of chicken or tuna if I really need food! Luckily for me, I drink black coffee anyway so thats not an issue!

Good luck with your journey!
xx
Stacey

Back