SS - out and about!

Hi folks, today is my first day on ss so far i have had a banana shake for brekkie (very nice actually) and chicken and mushroom soup for lunch. It got me thinking about when im out shopping etc at the weekend, how do you manage lunch wise if you are out and about with someone that likes to go for a bite to eat or a coffee, do you just have a tera pack handy or do you buy hot water for the soup? :confused: Or is my life over for the next few weeks? :(

Last edited:
SS- out and about

Hi there,

I tend to take a tetra out with me or just have a coffee, all depends on how I am feeling. Best of luck sounds like you've had a great first day. My CDC is away until next week so will be 3 weeks till my weigh in but all going well and no problems so far. Take care x:D

I used to have my pack before I went out and would just drink fizzy water while the others ate if I didn't have a brick with me or if it was after your first 2 weeks I would take a bar. Good luck hun you have had a great start x

Sorry to sound silly, I'm new to this! But what is a tetra and what is a brick? x

Tetra bricks are ready made milkshakes they come in a small carton

HI Veggie
I am in a similar boat! I started today and am out tonight to see a band at my local. Brother and sis in law wanted to meet for a meal first, but I told them I would meet them later. Quite proud I managed this as the food is divine! I feel that the reason we go out with others is for their company and the meal/drinks is secondary, so volunteer to be the designated driver (helps you avoid alcohol!) and have a shake/soup before you go and then order a coffee or large sparkling water to keep your hands busy while they eat. Remember nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!
Good luck
Sunflower xx

I went out on a family day out a couple of weeks back and took my shaker with me and had my shakes whilst the family ate. However that was on Lipotrim where there was little choice.

Now I've switched to CD SS+ and I took a bar with me when I went straight from work to college on wednesday evening(malt toffee), it was delicious and very handy.

Back