St.Communion Party

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Zentje, 21 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Zentje

Zentje Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet US (SS)
    Next saturday, 1st of may I have a St.Communion to go...where there's gonna be allot food, drinks, cakes etc....andd I don't know what to do. Should I go and enjoy a day off or just stay home? I'm on week 14...and like 21 lbs away from my main goal. And I'm sure If I go eat and have a few drinks without drinking CD that day with a day break, would get me out of ketosis. But should it be allright? I deserve one day break right....butt what do u think??! And If I should go, what should I eat..can I drink alcohol?!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    The way I see it you've got a choice:

1. stay at home
    2. go to the party and pick at low carb stuff; chicken, salad etc.
    3. go to the party and eat what you want

If I were in this situation (as I was last summer), here's how I'd have felt:

Option 1: stuck to the diet 100%, been miserable about not going, been tempted to pick at the fridge anyway
    Option 2: felt better about being able to join in at the party, I don't drink anyway so booze no problem, able to fit in and show some self control
    Option 3: felt naughty eating all sorts of stuff, then feel guilty afterward, and a bit daft knowing I'd blown a week's worth of diet and the associated cash...

I had several parties (my son's christening included) last summer and went with Option 2 every time. I'm not saying everyone is the same but this worked for me both in terms of my mental state and the diet.

Don't forget, 95% of this diet is about the headwork ;)
  4. Angel155

Angel155 Full Member

Slimming World
    Good sound advice there from Jim. I too would try to go with his option 2.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.