Stacie Weight loss Diary

stacie3006

Hello.

Im fairly new to this site so not sure how everything works, looking for some online friends to support each other through weight loss. This has now been my 2nd attempt at slimming world so far lost 12lb this last week has been abit tough. A mixture of stress and time of the month made me crave food on a whole new level for the latter part i stayed on track but on monday i blew it and had a curry which i cried eating it because i felt terrible. Im a single parent for a little girl shes nearly 2 now and shes just the best. Id like to lose weight not just for vanity purposes but id like to feel healthy and do stuff without paying for it for like a week after the event. Id also like for my girl not to be embaraased of me when she goes to school and stuff. Id also like to feel confident again and like what i see in the mirror rather than be wondering how the hell i got to the point of what i did when i see my staring back. Had a bit of a rough 2 years my girls dad left when i was pregnant and had a terrible time giving birth had problems with work (ive just been made redundant too). I need to do something for me now to give myself a sense of achievement back into my life and feel worthy as a person again.
Anyways sorry to spill my life to everyone just easier isnt it to talk to people online you never met.

Oh and i had my WI in today and lost a lb was a tad disappointed but its my ladies time so i figured that had something to do with it.

Hope everyone doing good, be nice to hear from someone xx:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hi Stacie,
Just found your blog, you poor thing you have had it rough, I can see why you wanted me to be your buddies, we have had our problems, albeit different, we both have had hard times, but together we can do this and I'm in it for the long haul this time, anytime you want to rant I'm here, if you want to speak privately you can always email me.
It is hard and I sometimes think it is unachievable but if I keep thinking that way I will not succeed so my thought of the day it to think positive!!
Speak soon x

I absolutly agree sometimes i feel like i got so much to lose ill never do it but you read so many sucess stories of people that have lost so much, my friend lost 6.5 stone in 9 months on slimming world, i know if these people can do it then so can i. Although i aint helped my cause today really by not sticking to plan at all and having about 50+ syns!! im terrible lol. However ive spoken to lovely lady that takes my group and im gonna start a fresh tomorrow established i need to start planning meals and stuff. Likewise chick you can message me anytime a problem shared as they say..

Take care and hope to hear from you soon....

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good day, the best thing is to put it behind you it’s already in the past, start a new day I try and treat every day as a new day, and just hope I get a string of good days, lol,
onwards and downwards!!!!

Hey

Ive had a good day today decided on a green day and stuck to plan which was great im back on track after a fall off the wagon! Not had any syns today either as im tryin to make up for yesterdays blunder lol
Hows your day been?
xx

Hi Stacie :)
You're doing so well so far, well done! Just gotta stick at it- we can do it!! :D
Sorry to hear you've had such a tough time but hopefully there are only good things to come :D

Lucy xx

Hi lucy

Thanks for your lovely reply. Yes we can do it, and we will do it :) Everyone wants to be healthier and feel the benefits from it. Ive had some challenges along the way but i always come out the other side, ive got my little girl and i get to see her grow up, i cant ask for anything more (other than to be a lil slimmer and healthier)
Thanks again for your reply, very kind of you :) xxxx

No problem hun :) It's great to have other people to chat to who understand how you feel and are going through a similar situation :) Makes you feel like you're not alone!

If you ever want a chat or anything just send me a message :)

A couple of tips I have from doing Slimming World so far which may help you too are;
* Have a big variety of foods, I've done Slimming World on and off for about 2 years but have only got serious since January - and have seen my best results this time. Try loads of new recipes every week, theres hundreds on the recipe thread and you can 90% find a SW alternative to just about anything!
*Make sure you eat plenty- sounds crazy but it's true. The more I tried to starve myself the worse my results were. Go nuts on those free foods!!
*Allow yourself a treat every so often (I have a 'treat' meal once a week) because as you say, this is for life, and I wouldn't be able to cope without the thought of having something 'naughty' every so often!

xxx

Hi, I've had a good day and started to get in the swing of the plan, I prefer Green days but I do try and mix them and like lucy says eat loads of free foods I also found the more you ate the more you lost, and hey lets face it no other diets can claim that!
Keep positive xxx

Hi Nikki :)
Glad you're enjoying it so far! What kind of things you been having? (I'm always looking for new inspiration hehe)
Yeah you're definately right about the eating plenty thing- no other diet in the world!! hehe
Have a fab weekend xxx

Hi Nikki :)
Glad you're enjoying it so far! What kind of things you been having? (I'm always looking for new inspiration hehe)
Yeah you're definately right about the eating plenty thing- no other diet in the world!! hehe
Have a fab weekend xxx

You can check out my diary, on the link below if its of any help, I mainly prefer Green day, what about you, I don't understand why I keep straying from this plan when it is so versitile but hey were only human I suppose, thats why I am determind to stick to it for good this time!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/198976-nikkiruths-food-diary.html

Last edited:
Aw fab! I'll have a read through it. I usually stick to Extra Easy as I get a little confused with green/original but I'm happy with it and have a little portfolio of recipes that I like to cook but I'm always trying out new ones too :)
Yeah you're only human! All the variety in the plan won't stop you wanting chocolate or crisps or white bread every so often! You gotta allow yourself little treats though, as long as you are eating right most of the time then you won't go far wrong :) xxx

Do you find you have good losses with Extra easy, I get confused with it,

I have so far :) Since I got serious about it beginning of January I have lost every week. The losses have ranged from 0.5lbs (after a weekend away!) to 4lbs so has been going well so far :)
I'm finding extra easy....erm....extra easy haha because I have a general idea of whats free (fruit, veg, meat, pasta, rice etc) and i stick to my one healthy a and one healthy b (usually bread and cheese for me once a day) :D xxx

Stacie,

I am a newbie to the site too, and i felt i had to reply to your statement,

"A mixture of stress and time of the month made me crave food on a whole new level for the latter part i stayed on track but on monday i blew it and had a curry which i cried eating it because i felt terrible."

Food should never ever make you feel this bad, we are all on this site because we have or had to deal a weight issue. If you really feel you should have something then enjoy it in moderation, and reward yourself when you do stick to plan, you have chosen to do this for yourself and you can achieve a lighter you if that is your goal, it's not going to happen overnight and there will be many blips, but it is just a blip. Your daughter deserves a mummy that is happy inside, and letting food control you will not show her that. Take control, eat healthily, enjoy cooking, and make everyday special, you deserve it!

Good luck with your journey.

I have so far :) Since I got serious about it beginning of January I have lost every week. The losses have ranged from 0.5lbs (after a weekend away!) to 4lbs so has been going well so far :)
I'm finding extra easy....erm....extra easy haha because I have a general idea of whats free (fruit, veg, meat, pasta, rice etc) and i stick to my one healthy a and one healthy b (usually bread and cheese for me once a day) :D xxx

I see, I think where I go wrong is I keep forgetting you can only have ona A and one B, and by the end of the day I have had 2 b's and get frustrated, I might try doing a week of EE and see how I get on, it makes sense really as were so use to eating carbs and protein together, I tend to have quorn alot , like tonight we all had bangers and mash, but I had quorn sausages, and I love curry and rice but again always use quorn instead of meat, I think I am going to get my EE book out and have a good read tonight, stay tuned as I might have to pick your brain.
Its so silly but I know I can get my head round it if I can just master the A's and B's may be a big sign on my fridge might help He He!!!:D:D

Back