Stage 2....HELP!

Poncho33

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new on here and this is my first time doing the Cambridge diet. I was weighed after week 1 and lost 6lbs. I didn't get weighed after week 2 because of isolation and I guess it may be some time before I'm weighed again. I'm avoiding my own scales and they are particularly terrible and fluctuate about 5lbs depending on how you distribute your weight on them.

I did stage 1 for 2 weeks and now I'm supposed to be doing stage 2. I coped OK with stage 1, but I'm finding stage 2 more difficult. I'm not a very inspired cook (the opposite) and I really could do with some recipes to follow for the evening meal. I had some plain chicken and lettuce the other night and promptly decided I'd rather be on the products -so switched back! I've asked my consultant the same question, so hopefully she'll come back with something. But I thought I'd ask on here to. What do you recommend I cook? Thanks in advance.

Hey there

Sorry, I didn't spot this until now! When I used to do the evening meal one, I always had Quorn instead of anything else because you get way more for your calorie allowance and you can make it taste of anything... I would dry fry it for a while, then turn the heat right down and use a little bit of milk and water in a mug, maybe half full, put in some spices like chinese five spice, or paprika, or chilli, or garlic powder and so on and so forth, stir it and pour it into the pan, turn the heat back up a bit and just cook until the quorn absorbed all the flavours. At the same time I would cook asparagus or spring onions so that they were kinda charred... you know those pans that have a grid almost? That kinda thing. I lived off that kind of thing, changing up the veg and the spices, for ages. I also used to make mushroom mushroom curry (cause quorn is funghi) and use mushrooms with the quorn cause they absorb flavour well too, cook the same but with curry spices, like cumin or garam masala etc. People used to make cauliflower rice too if I remember rightly. or broccoli rice. You'd have to google that x

ps you could do the same with chicken. You could make seasoning for salmon, for chicken... for any of the meats...but I always found quorn was so good cause it is so much more quantity x

well done on your loss and welcome :D

No problems! How are you getting on? You might be able to find a search feature for recipes in different parts of the forum, or perhaps on Google? It used to be called Cambridge weight plan, which might find you better results

I'm doing OK. Struggling with hunger from time to time. I've not got great will power. I'm already freaking out about maintenance as I have successfully lost weight lots of times, but never managed to keep it off. I'm not there yet though!

I've been struggling with the hunger too. I'm trying a different plan because I have to have four products and it's not keeping me in the fat burning mode that stops hunger due to higher carbs than old Cambridge. Was there a reason other than choice you stepped up to 2?

Try and figure out some coping strategies and stuff for a later date and some non food or weight related goals and rewards maybe? I did a sky dive last time I lost! Kept it off for years until I had a baby and a lorra trauma ha

My consultant said I should move to stage 2. I'll try to work out a reward for myself if I keep it off. Probably lots of west end theatre - when they open up again. Sky dive doesn't sound like much of a reward to me!

Did they tell you why? was it because of being hungry or summit else? You can stay on step one for 12 weeks usually depending on a few things. Just being nosey lol. Ahh that sky dive changed my life haha. Yeah, I made a diary with loads of rewards that all require going outside or seeing people so not much use for a while!

Sorry for delay. She just said that I'd been on Stage 1 for 2 weeks so I should move to stage 2. I'm struggling a bit with hunger. I'm going to have quorn tonight :)

I told her I was struggling a bit with hunger and her response was that I should go on to Stage 2. Same calorie count, so not sure why. Also - the hunger thing is sporadic. In many ways I feel like I have it more under control on Stage 1b. Because I don't have to think about cooking...

That's really very odd. Unless you've specified a health reason or preference or your BMI is under a certain level, you can stay on step one for 12 weeks and it's meant to be up to the client not the consultant. Another reason would be if you want to lose slowly. Very unusual.

If you're happy to go up a step then go with it obviously but it seems odd as most people who do this diet do it to be on step one for the 12 weeks and user higher steps to work up to maintenance. I hope the Quorn helps fill you up!! We're you hungry on step one?

Perhaps thats why your consultant suggested it. Maybe she/he thought having a meal would make a difference. Maybe it will? See how you get on with the quorn. I think step two now isn't majorly different to stage one with regard to how much you'd lose so if the quorn/etc helps go fot that one. I just thought it strange she said you had to change.

How are you finding it? sorry for going on like a weirdo

I'm finding it ok, actually. I'm drinking more water than I've ever managed to before. Not sure why that side of things is clicking better for me than with previous diets. Could just be a coincidence. I think I'll go back to stage 1b for now. I'm generally fine on the products.

Back