Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

stall/gain

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by the_gould, 4 September 2011 Social URL.

1. the_gould

the_gould Member

Hi there folks

i used to be 33 stone i am down to 15 st 10 lbs i was down at 14 st 7 lbs but for some reason i have put a little bit on. i have stuck to almost no carbs a day - under 10 G a day and its all from veg and so on. i dont touch sugar or white flower .

i used to eat under 1500 cals and do gym for a hour a day 3 times a week. in essance with the workout i was only eating 700 cals a day . i am now eating about 1800 - 2000 cals a day

i just feel my body is rebelling and wanting to add weight. i mostly eat protein. Chicken - a protein shake first thing in the morning. and to be honest my day is almost all protein apart from the veg. could this be whats adding weight? too much protein ? any thoughts? i wanna get back down to 14 St dead .

i stopped treat/cheat days. should i have one day every so often where i just increase my carbs and calories just to kinda reset my metabolism??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wrinkly

Wrinkly Recovering chocoholic.

Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Hi Gould, Have you looked in on this Active Low-Carber Forums
    forum? If you did I'm sure you'd get some good advice on all aspects of low carbing. :)

4. the_gould

the_gould Member

thanks i am already a member there but thought i would give this one a go first. i posted there as well. let s see what happens. just think its totally weird that i am doing everything correct and yet this happens

5. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow well done on the fantastic loss so far. Sorry I have no advice as I have never done low carbs. Is the weight gain sudden?

I wonder, if it carries on maybe a chat to the gp.....they could refer you to a dietician or check there is nothing underlying cause the weight gain.

6. tranquility

tranquility Gold Member

Start Weight:
    362lb
    Current Weight:
    292.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    170lb
    Lost(%):
    69.2lb(19.12%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, controlled carbs, good nutrition and Slimpods.
    I think it is possible for too much protein to cause an insulin spike which may lead to you gaining fat/weight. Someone on the low-carb forums should be able to help on this.

Possibly on the days you go to the gym you may need to up your carbs a bit to match your activity level.

7. Wrinkly

Wrinkly Recovering chocoholic.

Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    I think I have read before on low carb forums that it can help if actual protein is decreased & fat increased.

8. the_gould

the_gould Member

i am trying to cut down my protein . i had a feeling it would have been too much - tring to eat more red meat but not too much and more salad and low carb dark greens

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.