Stalling

poogatch

Hmmm, feeling a little deflated today :(

My weightloss seems to have well and truely slowed down. I may just be being greedy but I wasn't expecting it to slow down until I got closer to goal.

I've lost 2lbs a week for 2 weeks now, I only lost last weeks 2lbs over night before weigh in day (I was 1lb up friday morning) and I'm 1lb up this week atm aswell.

It didn't help this months dr weigh in only had me at 1kg loss (different doc mine is on holiday so different scales) which I know isn't right because I've lost 7lbs in that month according to wii fits numbers but still made me feel like a douche infront of the doctor.

Just seems the more effort I put into the gym doing cardio the worse the results get! I've gone from running for 1 minute and dieing to being able to pull off 3.5 miles (not in one go, jog-fast walk rinse repeat. Longest I've ran for non stop is 14 minutes now). I have been doing mild weights as well but I've been going to the gym for 2 months now the muscle gain shouldn't be drastic anymore.

I'm just hoping the tape measure saves me when I get home from work otherwise I think I'll be pretty grouchy hehe.

Someone tell me I'm being stupid please and I should be gratefull I'm still losing!

You're not being stupid at all, but I think you need to remember that every now and again, your body is going to stall and say *hold up, what the hell you doing to me ??*
It's deflating, totally, but remember the bigger picture, and look at what you've achieved so far. You're doing fab, and sooner or later your losses will slow down, but they will still be losses.
x

I agree with Abbie. I think you should focus on the fact that a loss is a loss and that you have come a long way already.
Stick with it and those pounds will soon start dropping off again.

Well all that worrying for nothing. Repeated last weeks trick of losing 3lbs overnight so 2lbs again this week. Im so close to being under 20st and 40 bmi hehe, 1lb will hit both targets which are massive for me considering I dont think I've weighed that much since I was a teenager!

So I'm a happier poogatgch today hehe :)

Friday morning I was 1lb up Sat morning 2 down so in the space of a day lost 3lbs is what I meant :)

hey there , just a few things i want to address really..

when you do cardio and exercises your body will gain muscle.. so you may find the more you exercise the more you might weigh but this is temporary as MUSCLE burns fat so gain in muscle means easier to loose fat.

Also 2lbs a week loss is really good and the fact that your loosing the same amounts nearly each week is a good thing your doing it slowly, everyone wants to loose weight fast but the pressure it puts on your body and your more prone to get more loose skin at the end if you dont loose it slowly.

just think.. 2lbs a week is over half a stone a month. thats around 2 and half stone lighter by xmas if you maintain current losses thats a huge loss just stay foccused and dont kick yaself down for 2lb or even 1lb loss.. they all count. xx

hey there , just a few things i want to address really..

when you do cardio and exercises your body will gain muscle.. so you may find the more you exercise the more you might weigh but this is temporary as MUSCLE burns fat so gain in muscle means easier to loose fat.

Also 2lbs a week loss is really good and the fact that your loosing the same amounts nearly each week is a good thing your doing it slowly, everyone wants to loose weight fast but the pressure it puts on your body and your more prone to get more loose skin at the end if you dont loose it slowly.

just think.. 2lbs a week is over half a stone a month. thats around 2 and half stone lighter by xmas if you maintain current losses thats a huge loss just stay foccused and dont kick yaself down for 2lb or even 1lb loss.. they all count. xx
I couldn't agree with you more, let's imagine that you went to bed one night and woke up the following morning at your weight goal, in my case half my present weight, I would drop dead of shock and horror with the huge bags of skin etc; hanging down around my ankles
18.gif

Back