Stapo60 Diary of The Slimming Year.

Stapo60

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
I have been on the forum a couple of weeks now, and have decided to move my story into the Diary thread. I have loved the help, advice and support. So keep it up.
I had originally started on Lighter Life, but found it expensive and so switched to Exante (after discovering it on the Interweb) its much more affordable. My results so far have pretty much stayed the same...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You're a big man, and your out of shape.
But for me it's a full time job.”

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Wk 1 -15.5lbs, wk 2 -5.7lbs, wk 3 -0.6lbs, wk 4 -10lbs, wk 5 -4lbs,
wk 6 -5lbs, wk 7 -3.5lbs, wk 8 -2.5lbs, wk 9 -6lbs, wk 10 -5.7lbs.
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante
Wk 11 -8lbs, wk 12 +1.5lbs (Xmas), wk 13 -6lbs, wk 14 -4.5lbs,
wk15 + 5lbs (Naproxen)
wk16 -9.5lbs, wk17 -2.5lbs

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Lose 5 stone Done,undone and Done again.
Next target is to get into the 21’s.Done (just)
Lose 6 stone
Get into the 20's
http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/250623-lighter-life-exante.html

:eatdrink051:

Last edited:
Welcome to Exante :)

Hi missc,
you are so so right, with LL I was paying £47 extra for 10 minutes chat with my local counsellor.
With being a bloke there wasnt even a group to bond with.
Though I have enjoyed the support on here :D.
BTW dont you think you should enlighten your colleagues about Exante.
Keep up the good work.

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Wk 1 -15.5lbs, wk 2 -5.7lbs wk 3 -0.6lbs wk 4 -10lbs wk 5 -4lbs
wk 6 -5lbs wk 7 -3.5lbs wk 8 -2.5lbs wk 9 -6lbs wk 10 -5.7lbs.
Total LL loss 53lbs.

Exante
Wk 11 -8lbs wk 12 +1.5lbs (Xmas) wk 13 -6lbs

stapo - i am not telling anyone I am doing exante. I dont have to justify my eating in the staffroom as I usually just have a tub of cucumber sticks and I am going to continue doing this and just have "a milkshake" with them. I figured its somewhere between TS and WS.
I am going to explain it to my partner when my pack arrives (have just switched from doing atkins to exante) but thats it - oh and my GP coz i have long term illness so needed her approval to do this.

The girls are obsessed with LL - they argue over who has lost the most weight and Ive even had one in the office *****ing about another one being told she looked good when she hadnt lost as much weight as the other. I am staying out of thier little click its mental!!!

Hey missc its all about whatever works for you. The girls at your work seem rather "up" themselves over LL. It will be interesting to see your losses in comparison.
Personally I havent noticed any difference apart from the cost, oh and the soups are so much tastier on Exante.:D

So you keep it up girl, we can do it together :cool:.

OK day 11 of 2012, and last nigtha bit of a blip.
Someone had a left a large packet of crisps open in the kitchen. It was 11.00 pm, I just scooped handful and sat down in front f the TV. As soon as I had eaten them I said "NO" and gave myself a rollicking.
This morning I picked the remainder in the packet and binned it.
What a fool I was, this had better not mess up my weekly loss :cry:.

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Next Goal is to lose 5 stone

Ordered some water flavourings from ebay has anyone else ever tried these before ? The tech info is below

Fruit Punch Water Flavouring - 150g
Refreshing flavouring to add to water - helps with your 2-3 litres per day. Specially made to flavour water without affecting your weight loss programme.

Add 1 teaspoon (5g) or to your taste to a large glass of still or sparkling, hot, or cold water and use as part of your daily water use following your diet plan.
You can now add a flavour to your water to help you add some flavour whilst on your ketosis diet which will not interfer as our flavour does not contain citric acid.

Ingredients: Inulin, Malic Acid, Fruit Punch Flavour, Colour (beetroot), Sweetener (sucralose).

Nutritional Information per 5g:
Energy (kcal) - 0.8, Protein - 0, Carbohydrates - 0.18, Fibre - 2.25, Sodium 1.

Contains No Aspartame

Thanx for your help in advance

Seems okay - from what you've listed, but I'm no expert. All I know is what I used to be told when I did a vlcd (cambridge) before and that was to avoid any drink with citric acid in it. This one has malic acid - so it's okay on that score.

Exante has some water flavourings - so why not see if you can find out what's in it and compare (just a thought).

Suseka, you found me, woohoo. Thanks for your input re. the water flavourings. I will use it up and may try some CD flavourings next.

Its my weigh in 2morrow morning. Looking forward with trepidation, after my crisps fiasco during the week, but 4.5lbs will give me a 5 stone loss in 14 wks.
Here's hoping. :eatdrink051:

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Next Goal is to lose 5 stone

Last edited:
Yep.. I followed the link.

I doubt a handful of crisps will have done too much harm, a mere slip up -and one you very quickly got under control. Not sure I could have thrown the rest of the packet away (not once I'd started).

Wowee, almost 5 stone in 14 weeks is very impressive - am sending positive vibes for the scales to show a 4.5lb loss so you can hit that magic number :vibes:

Hey Stapo, thanks for commenting on my diary :D

You sound like you are doing brilliantly so far, having a handful of crisps hopefully wont have done any damage.
Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow, cant wait to see how much you've lost! x

Last edited:
Well its satdee morning and time for that weigh in, and I can report a loss of 4.5lbs.
woohoo, my exact requirements to reach my 5 stone total in 14 weeks. Thanx to everyone for their positive thoughts and a special mention to Suseka for positive vibes :vibes:eek:f a 4.5lbs loss. Amazing.
Is she a witch (LOL) :D.

:eatdrink051:

“You're a big man, and your out of shape.
But for me it's a full time job.”

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Wk 1 -15.5lbs, wk 2 -5.7lbs, wk 3 -0.6lbs, wk 4 -10lbs, wk 5 -4lbs,
wk 6 -5lbs, wk 7 -3.5lbs, wk 8 -2.5lbs, wk 9 -6lbs, wk 10 -5.7lbs.
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante
Wk 11 -8lbs, wk 12 +1.5lbs (Xmas), wk 13 -6lbs, wk 14 -4.5lbs,

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Lose 5 stone Done
Next target is to get into the 21’s.
http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/250623-lighter-life-exante.html

Last edited:
Absolutely brilliant! Well done on your amazing loss so far. Im an ex-lighterlifer too currently doing a kind of 'refocus' with Exante. Gained 21lbs over last couple of months and hoping to shift these and get back to my target by the end of January. Im not weighing for the whole month so hopefully have a good loss on the 31st! Have a great week....

Cupid said:
Wow, your losses are inspirational! Are you doing any exercise at all?

Hi Cupid thanx for your support,
I walk my dog for 30-40 mins about 5 times a week. No gym yet (cos I ain't the right shape yet) but will get there eventually.

pinkandfluffy said:
Absolutely brilliant! Well done on your amazing loss so far. Im an ex-lighterlifer too currently doing a kind of 'refocus' with Exante. Gained 21lbs over last couple of months and hoping to shift these and get back to my target by the end of January. Im not weighing for the whole month so hopefully have a good loss on the 31st! Have a great week....

I am willing to bet if you ain't weighing for a month, then that 21lbs will b gone on ur next weigh in.
I don't think I could wait that long especially with scales in the house lol.

Congratulations on the 4.5lbs and on the 5 stone target!
Keep us updated on the water flavouring when it arrives. I find the Exante ones won't dissolve properly so I'd be interested to know what you think of this one!

Good luck with the next stone target! Sure you'll be there in no time! :)
x

Alex_1978 said:
Congratulations on the 4.5lbs and on the 5 stone target!
Keep us updated on the water flavouring when it arrives. I find the Exante ones won't dissolve properly so I'd be interested to know what you think of this one!

Good luck with the next stone target! Sure you'll be there in no time! :)
x

Thanx for your support Alex, I still have a long way to go yet. But hey one day at a time.
As for the water flavourings the Internet one has a strong cherry taste and isn't great at dissolving either. Probably the LL ones r the best so far. Am gonna try the CD ones next when I get my hands on one.
Hope this helps Stapo

Blue Butterfly said:
Well done on your loss this week.
5 stone in just 14 weeks is incredible, you must be over the moon!
Have a great weekend. x

Thanks for your thoughts Blue, u are right I am chuffed to bits.
Next is a deep breath and the next 5 stone.
And I WILL do it.

Back