Star week?

missnic07

Silver Member
Do you did you gain, sts or lose when it's your star week? This will be my first one since starting SW and I'm really hoping I don't see a gain on Tuesday :(

Star week refers to us ladies' time of the month.

I usually have a smaller loss in the build up to star week then a bigger one during or just after. It works out over the month though. Some people gain and some it doesn't affect at all. Just remember its only fluid build up and not a rue gain.

If I follow the plan it doesn't make any difference to my loss. However, I want to eat everything in sight the week before my period so that can sometimes affect my losses if I over indulge!

I've only had two star weeks since joining slimming world, I'm on the depo injection so don't tend to have them. But both times I've had them, the week before I've had a gain, 1lb the first time and 1.5 the second. Both times really upset me as I didn't know what had caused me to gain, so it was nice when I did realise what the cause was, the first one I then lost 3.5 the following week (which is a lot for me) this one is actually this week so don't know how much I've lost and won't find out either as I can't get weighed this week

Ahh well last week id only lost half a lb, and was pretty disappointed, but maybe that's why? I weigh again on Tuesday so I guess I'll see x

Before given birth I would gain weight on the first day of my period but since given birth I now tend to put weight on a week before with amounts of anywhere between 3-5 lbs. But that is fine as every single time it goes once my period arrives and know it is only temperoary. As my period is always smack bang on 32day so I just look at the calender and prepare myself everytime that is only for a little while :)

I tend to lose a tiny amount of weight if it coincides with a few days before or in to star week

I also have to apply some discipline as can either feel a bit bloatey or sick and not want to eat much at all, or crave sugar!

but as others have said it all works out in the end and tends to balance up the next week so try not to feel too disheartened

I ended up losing 3lbs this week (when it's star week), and only half a lb last week, so im guessing thats why it was a small loss last week

Ok, new question...I came off the pill a week after my last period and should have got my period last Thursday...has sw messed with anyone else's regularity? I'm particularly interested in it making them late? Help!

I doubt its slimming world, if you've only just come off the pill that can mess with your periods and how regular you are

i have the implant and no "time of the month" for me = no star week, i posted about this i never knew what star week was until ive just read this

Only losing a drastic amount of weight will mess with your period. Coming off the pill may have affected it but if there's a chance you could be pregnant then do a test hun.

Back