Starsdreamers management adventure!!!.....

Stardreamer

Supportive
I have decided to start a management diary. Mainly because when I was approaching the end of my 100days I wanted to know what to expect. I hope that this will help fellow dieters in some way. I have to be completely honest with myself and all of you. I could write what I think I should write or the complete truth. The truth is what you are going to get!!

I started management on Saturday. I was feeling quite up beat about it looking forward to returning to conventional food. At the meeting I was given a recipe book and a route to management book. Both are full of lots of great information.
For the first 2 days I had a list of food that I could eat as a meal. These foods were

chicken skinless,
cottage cheese, plain and low fat option,
egg whites, hard boiled,
fish, any-freshfrozenor tinned(in water or brine)
Shellfish, any
tofu, plain
Turkey, skinless.

Well it is quite a list!!
I choose for the day1 and 2 to have chicken breast which I poached and served with lots of black pepper.

I felt like I wanted to eat more than one chicken breast but I didn't. But eating the chicken made me feel hungrier so I gulped lots of water and ignored my chatterbox.

Today is day 3 and I can now introduce lots of different herbs and spices.Infact 42 different kinds!!

Also Condiments, dressings and sauces are on the list. For example balsamic vinegar, chilli sauce, lime and lemon juice, skimmed milk, fat free salad dressing, soy sauce....and the list goes on!!

Now here is the raw salad list cabbage, celery, chicory,cress, Endive, lettuce,othermixed salad leaves, spinach and watercress!!

So suddenly from just protein the list is massive.
I am really looking forward to making a proper meal this evening and haven't really decided what to eat. The menu book is full of great ideas I might make salad nicoise!!

It was great to sit down with my children and eat. They were excited for me too.

I do have my reservations about doing a further 12 weeks om management. Of course the price element is a big one but I am not sure at the moment that I can do the whole hog.

As the weeks go by you can re introduce different foods. For example week 2 you can have diet drinks, fromage frais sugar free jelly, virtually fat free dips and vegetables like broccoli, courgette, mushroom, pepper and spring onion.

Well here goes day3!! I will post later........Oh yes I weighed myself this moring and was pleasently surprised at being 10 stones!!
xx

Hi Tracy,
Glad to see it's going well, the information is really useful as i know what to buy for next week. Looking forward to returning to food and trying new different recipes......

See you saturday hun.....

xxx

Hey Stardreamer,

Well done on achieving your goal...So lookin forward to your maintainance diary....I'm at day 84 but i think im gonna have to do an extra 2 weeks on abstinence as i have 1 stone left to go!! EEEEEKKKKKKK

well good things come to those who wait....ur diary is really helpful and will help me plan my meals.....

GOOD LUCK on maintaining, i know thats where teh hard work starts!

Stardreamer I just wanted to congratulate you! You were the first one to welcome me on this sight and you have given me inspiration. You must be so pleased. Thank you for taking the time to write your management diary because it will help those of us that still need to do it.

Keep writing!
xx

Hello there Stardreamer, you're just a few days behind me on the Management programme.

I still don't have much of an appetite. In fact, for the first 2 days I had grilled salmon steak and could only eat half of it. I'm on day 6 and have had yesterday and today the Salad Nicioise. I made a dressing of balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and lime juice, and some ginger powder to warm it up. Lovely, I can recommend it!

Quote: "I do have my reservations about doing a further 12 weeks om management. Of course the price element is a big one but I am not sure at the moment that I can do the whole hog."

I admire you for having the confidence to consider going it alone before completing the Management programme. I still do not trust myself. 30 years of dieting screw-ups makes me very wary still. I simply can't afford to fail again. I must follow the programme to the letter to give me the best chance of long-term success.

I am really looking forward to reading about your experiences. Best of luck!

Thank you Mandi, Dietqueen and Bless you slinkytobe!! Your comments were really supportive,

Day3-- and I went to my local mini Tesco and bought some turkey steaks. It was a great feeling to go food shopping for myself again. A lady who works there commented on not seeing me recently and on how much weight I had lost!! Yipeee!! I felt fantastic!!
I have never cooked turkey steaks before so it was a bit of a challenge. I also bought a bag of baby spinach and a variety of lettuce.
I decided to concoct my own recipe. I placed the Turkey steak in an oven proof dish and covered it will chilli powder, black pepper and water and cooked it in the oven for 30 minutes. Once it was cool I cut it into small pieces and placed the chunks on top of a bed of lettuce and spinach. I then added balsamic vinegar and more black pepper. It was divine!! The baby spinach had so much flavour!! I enjoyed every mouthful. It was so nice to sit and eat a meal from a plate using a knife and fork!! It was also great to eat a delicious healthy meal!!

I have still drank about 5 litres of water today and decided not to add skimmed milk to coffee and tea or lemon to my water.

I feel more confident about management today and back in control. Starting management made me feel anxious and panicky!!

Roll on day4. It will probably be turkey again but cooked in a different way!!

xx

Hi AJ I have just seen you lovely message. Unfortunately I wear my heart on my sleeve and truly felt that I could not possibly do 12 weeks of management!! But I feel differently today. I know I need to do this to succeed. You have done so brilliantly on this diet. I bet you hardly recognise yourself anymore. You are a true inspiration to so many. Your diary is great too. I wish I could feel as focused as you are!! My hope is that I will only get stronger as the days pass. Keep posting. |I love reading your entries.
xx

Last edited:
Whatever you decide, Stardreamer, you will find support and help here (in minimins) when the doing gets tough!

It's funny about the spinach tasting so nice, isn't it? I've only ever had it cooked, when it's soggy and totally unappealing. Tesco do a bag which has spinach, lambs lettuce and watercress mixed up. That's fantastic - lots of lovely flavours.

Have you been filling in your journal? Our counsellor suggested we get a pad to use ourselves because there is often not enough space in the LL one to write everything. I 'v started using one. I find that writing a diary on this site useful though.

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to AmandaJayne for giving me the tip regarding the spinach, watercress and rocket salad bag from Tesco.............

Day 4.
Well this evening I was all set up to have turkey again but when I vivsited my Tesco I picked up some cooked small prawns and the bag of salad that AmandaJayne recommended. I placed the salad on a plate and sprinkled over the prawns. Then a little chilli powder with balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. I also added some black pepper. OH MY GOD!!!!! I have to say that it was absolutley deeeeeliccccious!! It was full of crunch, taste and was sooo yummy and very healthy. I have never made a prawn salad for myself before. Any salad would have been covered with sauces, salad cream, cheese and lots of other fattening sauces.

I have struggled a little bit this week as my little girl has been really ill with tonsillitus which has prevented me from busying myself. Bless her heart she just wants me right next to her the whole time. Therefore I have been trying to tempt her with different food to eat which has made me feel hungey. I do not feel like I am in ketosis so it has made it even harder.

Anyway got to dash to drink some sparkling water.

Good news is that I weighed myself this morning and was 9 stones 13.5 lbs!! I can't beleive that I am still loosing weight!!
xx

Yum yum Stardreamer!!

Prawns with salad. I may try that at the weekend! Your poor daughter. Tonsillitus is a nasty one. Not surprised she doesn't want to eat.

I've written an update in MY management diary! Go and have a look!

Back