Start of My Journey to Better Health

Hi everyone

I am officially joining Slimming World tonight - got my Bella voucher all ready and cant wait to get started. I thought I would start this to keep me on track on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

A bit of background about me :) - I have been overweight ever since I can remember and got bullied at school terribly because of it, to the point where I used to skip loads as I could never face going in. As I grew up, I gained confidence as gained friends outside of school and tried to think I was happy being so overweight (was about 19 stone at this point).

However I have realised the effect that this extra weight has on my health. I have problems with my knees and get out of breath just walking a few steps. What kickstarted myself wanting to get myself healthy is the fact that my doctor stated my blood pressure is sky high. My dad has this and has to take numerous pills which I want to try and stay away from. He also has had to get operations on both his knees because of his weight. My mum and my gran both also have diabetes and my grandad died in his 50s due to heart disease.

I think I have suddenly realised that if I want to live a healthy life I need to shift the weight and hopefully in doing this I will set a good example to the rest of my family.

I wish you all luck and will post my journey and food diary here, weekly weigh ins etc. Starting tonight with my starting weight once I have been to class!

xxx

Well I had my first meeting tonight and have to say it was fab! Consultant is really friendly and motivating and I feel extremely excited to start on SW. Starting weight is 16st 6.5 lbs.

Got my breakfast planned for tomorrow and my lunch, going out for dinner but looked up the syns for some Indian dishes so I have an idea what to stick to and will have diet juice.

Really feel happy about this change to SW as class and leader seem so friendly and welcoming. Just what I need to stay motivated!

xxx

Well I have been a bit quiet on here since I started SW.

My boyfriend and I split up a couple of days ago so been all over the place. We had been together for 3 years and realised that we had become more like mates instead of being together. Both loved each other but werent in love anymore. Doesnt stop it hurting tho.

Managed to stay on plan though and have been doing good this week. So hoping for good loss this week. Will keep you all posted!

Well done for staying on plan. I had the same with my ex, although we both wanted to move on it was kind of heartbreaking. After that I put on so much weight it's only starting to come off again now. It's fantastic you're not making the same mistake I did! Keep it up xx

Yeah normally I would have reached for all the junk of the day and my weight would have went up, but I think I am just trying not to end up in same cycle. Managed to lose 3.5 lbs so that's spurred me on. Still need to meet up with my ex to sort bit and pieces out with him, but I think it will be good to get closure.

Well this week I have been mainly organising my cupboards.
Everything in my food cupboards are now marked with their syn values and arranged into my free foods and syned foods.
Anything to keep myself busy!
Had another good week so hoping for good loss tomorrow.
First zumba class ever tonight. Hilarity will ensue. :)

Well I lost 1lb this week. Bit less than I had hoped for but it is still a step in right direction.

Zumba was great. Can't wait until my next class.

Fingers crossed for another loss on Thursday. Really happy as not had any binges so far which for me is a miracle :)

Back