Start today new to CD

soontobeslim2009

Hi Everyone,
Im starting today and never done CD before, so this will be a new challenge for me.
I decided to follow this plan after reading all your posts and seeing how well you are all doing.
I have done SW and WW before but never really made it to the end as I would only ever lose half or one pound a week if I was lucky. I am now at the point where my weight is stopping me from going out as I'm embarrassed to see people I know, and dont like the clothes I have to where to try and hide myself.
Well enough is enough, I will be forty in April and im determined not to be fat at forty.
So here goes, try my hardest to get through days 1,2 and 3 as i've been told they are the hardest and then I know I will be able to do it 100%.
My first WI will be on Thursday so it will only be 5 days in so hopefully will still get a good loss. :)

Hey there

Welcome to the gang :D And congrats on taking the brave first steps on the CD journey. The rapid weight loss is a great motivation to continue and boosts your self esteem so much! Also because nutritionally the packs give you everything your body needs it really highlights to you the behavioural aspects of your eating so that you can learn to manage those too so a winner all round. Keep coming to the forum particularly if you are struggling with a craving; even just reading the posts helps you refocus your mind away from the craving and back to the positive aspects of the journey.

hey soon welcome to cambridge!

Hello and welcome to the forum. Good luck for your first week. If you feel down or need any advice, stick to these boards. The people are amazing and very inspirational. I look forward to following your journey. :)

Hi and welcome...... I am so glad you decided to take that first step to losing weight, I lost nearly 5 stone on CD last year and felt so good about myself and am back to lose the weight I have put back on (not all of it I might add) as I want to feel that good again. The first week is an ongoing struggle, but get past that and you will be fine..... you will not believe how much weight you can lose in the first week if you stay 100%.... good luck!!

welcome darl, you are amongst friends x

Hey welcome to CD :)

Those first few days are hard, but stick to it and drink a lot of water!
If you get headaches you can take a paracetamol or two, I did and it helped me a lot.

The more you drink, the more you shrink! (although within limits lol)

Welcome and good luck, I'm sure you will do great.

Thanks for your reply’s ladies they are so encouraging, and you have all done so well. Day 1 nearly over and have stuck to it 100% really pleased with myself.

good luck! I started cd a year ago & its the best thing i ever did! X

Back