Started again last week

Juliakno

Taking it Day by Day
Hi All!
Here I go again for the second time. To cut a long story short, after quite successfully losing over six stones last year, and (so I thought) maintaining within 10lbs reasonably well for a while, I now am back on LL after putting on over a stone within 8 weeks and I just needed to stop or I would have possibly put back most of the weight. A bereavement in the family sent me straight back to eating the old ways (this time supported by my husband who also was stress-eating), and it seems like I have learned nothing in terms of managing my eating, but I know that is not true. i have managed to pull myself out of it and address the problem straight away rather than ignoring it.

I started last week, too afraid to post here in case I crack in the first week, but am now absolutely elated at having lost 11lbs in my first week. The week was really tough, with more withdrawal symptoms than the first time round, but I really want this to work so I somehow got through. Feel fine at the moment and looking forward to the next couple of weeks and being back on minimins which has been such a great support, help and inspiration to me last time.

Hey Julia, only just seen this as I came on here when I restarted LL and there was nothing going on. Glad there's a few of us now!

My story is that I did Foundation last year, getting to 100 days at the beginning of October and losing 3st4lbs (I have v slow losses rather than cheating). Then I went on holiday - and put on 1/2st. Then I came back and did CD and lost a little (what I'd put on and another 1/2st) but hated their packs and kept falling off the wagon. Then I went beserk over Christmas and put on over a stone. Lost some of it on CD and then went onto a low carb and lost a bit but every time I had a few carbs I'd put on 2-3lbs but only manage to lose 0-1lbs over the course of the next few weeks. Bottom line was my bottom was not a pleasant sight! And I was steadily - if slowly - going up and was back where I was at the end of Foundation. So enough was enough and I re-joined LL, chosing a better group this time. I'm halfway through week 2 and finding it hard but I lost 9.7lbs in my first week (with 3 running sessions) and am hoping for a good loss this week too.

Keep in touch!

Back